Hinge problem in acer A515-51G

sujithsk
sujithsk Member Posts: 4 New User
there is some problem with my laptops hinge. The side panel is starting to come off. I fear after some time it would totally break. I have extended warranty for my laptop(3 years). So can i repair under it(warranty ends in 1 months). Also my keyboard is malfunctioning. Can anybody answer whether it can also be repaired under warranty?? please do help.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    sujithsk said:
    there is some problem with my laptops hinge. The side panel is starting to come off. I fear after some time it would totally break. I have extended warranty for my laptop(3 years). So can i repair under it(warranty ends in 1 months). Also my keyboard is malfunctioning. Can anybody answer whether it can also be repaired under warranty?? please do help.

If the hinges are breaking from the lower case then you can’t fix them "don’t attempt to glue the hinge points at the lower case" as there are tremendous forces that are applied to these hinge points at the lower case and its best to get a new "lower case” (see caption below for the replacement OEM lower case) btw, I've had many laptops that this has happened to and I'm telling you this from experience as gluing is useless and it doesn’t last and breaks, this is the OEM part number for the lower case:

If its the actual hinge that is faulty then replace the hinge(s), these are the parts and number for the OEM hinges and top cover, LCD bezel assembly for your Aspre A515-51G, so replace the appropriate parts. 

• sujithsk
    sujithsk Member Posts: 4 New User
    StevenGen said:
    sujithsk said:

If the hinges are breaking from the lower case then you can’t fix them "don’t attempt to glue the hinge points at the lower case" as there are tremendous forces that are applied to these hinge points at the lower case and its best to get a new "lower case” (see caption below for the replacement OEM lower case) btw, I've had many laptops that this has happened to and I'm telling you this from experience as gluing is useless and it doesn’t last and breaks, this is the OEM part number for the lower case:

If its the actual hinge that is faulty then replace the hinge(s), these are the parts and number for the OEM hinges and top cover, LCD bezel assembly for your Aspre A515-51G, so replace the appropriate parts. 

thanks for the info but im not planning to repair it myself. My main question was whether it will be covered in extended warranty.im planning ot give it to a service centre....
  • Teksal
    Teksal Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Hi,
    I've been following these forums for some time and have not yet seen any official Acer employee among responders (or they don't reveal themselves, if any). I suggest you get in touch with the Acer Service in your country and figure out if the extended warranty covers your issue.