Aspire A315-54-5774 not turning on

nzihz
nzihz Member Posts: 10 New User
Hi, I have a problem with my one year old laptop, yesterday I was using it casually (I need to mention that I cleaned my keyboard) and everything was working as usual even after cleaning. Later on I went outside for about a few hours and when I got back, I tried to power it on normally as usual, and my LED mouse flashed for a few milliseconds and laptop didn't even tried to boot up. Everything looks perfectly fine, battery is charging, losing power too (I tried battery reset, didn't work, tried to unplug and plug battery, didn't work, unplug and plug clock battery too, didn't work). I have no idea what caused it to not work even when internally everything looks completely fine, but I came to conclusion that clock battery, that circle small battery could been drained all the way down, so it would need to be replaced, I'm not sure, I'm not anyone that could know that, but nothing is making sense when earlier my keyboard and even power button on keyboard worked like everyday.
So I'm asking for help, I would be really thankful if there's someone that could help, because it's my most important thing at the moment because I work on that laptop and I have really important files on it at the moment.
Looking forward to any reply.
Thanks in advance for any reply.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Remove the charger again. Re-do the pinhole reset again on the bottom but press and hold the paperclip down for about 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. But try to turn it on or touch anything until the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn it on again.

Jack E/NJ

• nzihz
    JackE said:
    Remove the charger again. Re-do the pinhole reset again on the bottom but press and hold the paperclip down for about 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. But try to turn it on or touch anything until the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn it on again.
    I'll try again, and if I understand correctly I need to wait till it changes from orange to blue. I will update as soon as I try it out.
  • nzihz
    nzihz said:
    JackE said:
    I'll try again, and if I understand correctly I need to wait till it changes from orange to blue. I will update as soon as I try it out.
    JackE said:
    I tried it now, but after my laptop been left for several hours, it only shows blue, and not orange, I'm not sure why it didn't battery lose any energy by that time that was long enough to do so.
  • JackE
    Yes, the battery charge LED must be steady blue before you try turning it on. Not steady orange or blinking orange. It might take several hours before it turns steady blue.

Jack E/NJ

• nzihz
    edited July 2021
    JackE said:
    I tried that too earlier, holding for about a whole minute, but it had same results as now, that it didn't show orange LED color. And i need to mention too, that after i hold that button for 5 seconds, left laptop for 5 minutes, it had orange LED then blue and it wouldn't power on too
  • nzihz
    JackE said:
    Yes, the battery charge LED must be steady blue before you try turning it on. Not steady orange or blinking orange. It might take several hours before it turns steady blue.
    Yeah, i tried to power it on when after orange changed to blue yesterday, but now it wouldn't show orange even that it was left for some time, so it's like fully charged all the time, even after holding the battery reset button it didn't change to orange.
  • nzihz
    JackE said:
    So is there any other way around to fix that problem? If there is please let me know, and if the way you said is for sure working in my case then I'll try more of that
  • JackE
    >>>it didn't show orange LED color. >>>

Is there any light whatsoever coming from the battery charge LED now?

Jack E/NJ

• nzihz
    JackE said:
    >>>it didn't show orange LED color. >>>

Is there any light whatsoever coming from the battery charge LED now?
    Yeah, only blue, it won't change to orange, i only saw it once as i mentioned, from that one time, till now it didn't change from blue to orange
  • JackE
    I previously said the battery charge LED must be steady blue before you try turning it on. Not steady orange or blinking orange. If it's steady blue and still won't turn on, I'd like to know how EXACTLY how you cleaned the keyboard yesterday.

Jack E/NJ

• nzihz
    JackE said:
    I previously said the battery charge LED must be steady blue before you try turning it on. Not steady orange or blinking orange. If it's steady blue and still won't turn on, I'd like to know how EXACTLY how you cleaned the keyboard yesterday.
    Starting of, English is not my native language so it's kind of hard for me to explain, but I'll try my best.
    Once I was told to clean my keyboard this way not other because I can't or couldn't afford any other solution, I did clean this way for some time and it didn't cause any trouble (kind of) till now. I don't know how to name it, but it's kind of cleaning liquid? I don't know how to name it, I spill it on teeth brush and make it wet from it but not as wet to drop that liquid from it, I clean my whole keyboard, and use some paper towels to clean the rest of the liquid that left and leave it to rest for some time and not powering up the laptop. This worked for me for that year, now it suddenly changed, even though that after cleaning i don't remember how long after but after cleaning i went back as usual to work etc. And it was perfectly fine, after about 4/5 hours after i came back home it wasn't working, and as i said, it did send some energy because I remember i guess that my LED mouse flashed for a really short amount of time. I consider it being not working power button, but it did work after cleaning, and it kinda worked when i came back home, because it made my laptop send some energy via USB to my mouse for a really short amount of time.
  • nzihz
    JackE said:
    And yes, i consider that way of cleaning kind of riskful, but It worked "till now" and it was recommended to me too.
  • JackE
    >>>but it's kind of cleaning liquid?>>>

(1) Does liquid contain water or alcohol?
    (2) Does liquid also contain detergent or soapt?
    (3) What is name of this cleaning liquid?

Jack E/NJ

• nzihz
    JackE said:
    >>>but it's kind of cleaning liquid?>>>

(1) Does liquid contain water or alcohol?
    (2) Does liquid also contain detergent or soapt?
    (3) What is name of this cleaning liquid?
    1. It does contain alcohol, nothing about water I see here
    2. I think detergent, but I'm not sure, I don't see or know if there is something about soap, but I think it's detergent
    3. It's not international, it's just local brand, so nothing much about that
  • JackE
    >>>it's just local brand>>>

What is the local brand name? If it has detergent or soap, and is a clear liquid that foams, it's likely water-based because both are salts. Salts leave conductive residues on key switches & mainboard connectors that attract moisture. 90% isopropyl rubbing alcohol from a pharmacy or  even denatured ethyl alcohol from a hardware/paint store would've been a much  better choices for cleaning with a cotton swab (not a toothbrush) since they leave absolutely residues. In fact, you could use these alcohols to help clean off salt residues that might been left behind by the local brand cleaner that you used. I'm afraid the laptop and its keyboard must be disassembled and inspected to see if any residues might be causing the problem.

Jack E/NJ