Aspire 5 A515-54G?L-59Lz laptop wifi download speed slow than upload speed

Rujinoppq
Rujinoppq Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I Have a aspire 5 laptop bought 5 months ago, and planned to add ssd to it while installing it in curious i removed the wifi chip and reinstalled it, after turning on the laptop after installing necessary drivers wifi download is in 5 mbps upload speed goes to 50 mbps

in my phone the upload speed goes to 80 mpbs please help me

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Did you remove both antenna coax cables before you pulled the card out?

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

No I didn’t, just remove the wifi card
  • JackE
    Open Device Manager. Click 'network adapters' folder. Right click properties wifi card. Click advanced tab. Click preferred band. Try 2.4GHz band first. Check speed test . If still the same, Try 5GHz band. Check speed test again. Report back with results.

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

Try that also, same results in two bands, download speed to 5mbps
    upload speed 50mbps

i tried speed test same time in phone and lap
    phone gives 76 mbps download speed
    lap
    gives 5mbps
  • JackE
    edited July 2021
    Gently pull the two coax cables off the card's coax pins. Then re-seat the card a few times in its mainboard socket to help clean its gold colored contacts. Replace the coax cables, Make sure the white and black connectors go to the same pins. Test again.

If still no improvement, did you actually add the SSD or anything else new yet? If yes and if it was an m.2 SSD card, please remove the m.2 SSD card and test the wifi card again.

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

TRIED ALL THE POSSIBILITES, EVEN REMOVED THE M.2 SATA THERE IS NO CHANGES THAN A DROP IN UPLOAD SPEED
    AND I TIRIED WITH A TPLINK WIFI ADAPTER AND THE RESULTS SEEMS FINE, SOMETHING PROBLEM WITH THE CARD

• JackE
    Ping is an upload to server & download to laptop response time. Same 11 msecs.

Go to the command prompt. Then enter 'ping (your server's ip address)' to if it is the same upload-download time. If it is the same 11 msecs, then open Device Manager again. Right click and uninstall the wifi adapter driver.  Then exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn the machine back on and let Windows automatically re-detect the wifi card and automatically re-install a fresh copy of its driver.

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

average ms in cmd gives 3ms and i uninstall the wifi adapter and do the step still no improvement

• JackE
    3 ms ping is more in line with what I'd expect. 11 ms seems too long for both the TPLink & laptop adapters. Did you have to install any software in order to accomodate the m.2 SSD installation?

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

No the m.2 didn’t work either so I removed it and no software for it
  • JackE
    (1) Was this perhaps an m.2 nvme?

(2) What is your full A5 model number? For exampe, A515-54G?

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

A515-54G?L-59Lz

and can’t understand what are you saying in  question 1
  • JackE
    Was the SSD an m.2 nvme card or an m.2 SATA card? What is the SSD brand and model number?

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

Its, M.2 nvme
    z400s m.2 2280 128gb. Its from one of my old laptop
  • JackE
    edited July 2021
    No sorry. That model is an m.2 SATA card if it appears like the one below with the two slots, not nvme card. It should have installed with no issues unless something is wrong with the card or the mainboard's PCIe bus to which the wifi card is also attached. When you installed the SSD card and removed the wifi module, was the battery disconnected?

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

I installed this into a separate slot near battery, I didn’t bother with the network slot, and I didn’t remove the battery i just shut down the lap
  • JackE
    >>> I didn’t remove the battery>>>

Did you at least disconnect the battery connector from the mainboard?

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

No, I thought that the battery is pre installed, so didn’t remove that
  • JackE
    edited July 2021
    >>>I Have a aspire 5 laptop bought 5 months ago, >>>

OK. Go to https://www.slt.lk/en/contact-us/general-feed-back   Fill out their form and ask if they have their own speed test to help troubleshoot your wifi card since it suddenly seems to have experienced a download bottleneck. Nothing more needs to be said. You may also get a chatline popup that you can ask the same questions.

If SLTMobitel can't help and their speed test yields the same result, this machine should still be under warranty. I then suggest that you click this link. Click your country. Click the support link that appears near the top of your country's ACER webpage. Enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) and arrange for warranty repair service for an apparently defective wifi module.

Jack E/NJ

• Rujinoppq

Tinkerer

The warranty sticker above the screw is removed, will the warrant valid after that?