predator helios 300 ph317-51-706B after bios settings changed no screen (black) but getting power on

Options
Uz
Uz Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi! my lap is predator helios 300 ph317-51-706B  mfg date 2018/03/30 . intel i7 7700hq, 1060 6 gb, 16gb ram. i changed in bios advanced tab some overclocking settings  and saved, exit. after lap powered up but no screen only keyboards backlite visible. how i can reset bios to factory settings when no screen? even through hdmi no signal. and how is correct to do lap cmos battery resetting? Thanks 4 answering. 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    Uz

Try to connect the external monitor to laptop and check.  

Doing the power drain and bios defaults will really help.   Kindly follow the steps given below:

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   

Refer the link  given below  for more details about cmos battery

https://turbofuture.com/computers/Replacing-the-CMOS-Battery

https://www.deskdecode.com/cmos-battery/

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Uz
    Options
    so, big thank for good support. My case is like this: when turn on laptop only backlight for keyboard is lighting and nothing more, no screen no post, no bios. I tryed fn+esc+power then fans full speed turning on and in the end when my gaming rgb mouse is connected in mouse lights turning on for a 3 4 sec and then it self turning off laptop and after that making restart but staying in keyboard backlight on and nothing more. I connected hdmi to tv to use external monitor, it not show nothing. My lap is tiny pinhole. i pressed it and after that nohing new. i removed cmos battery inside 4 night and morning back nothing. Is there is bios in ROM file somewhere in internet? because in homepage is but only windows running version insyde exe file. UZ
  • Uz
    Options
    After lot digging in internet and googlebuddy I solved my problem simple. Extracting Acer bios file. 
    First. I changed before some settings in bios and after that no screen(black) but power turning on and keyboard backlight is on, no keyboard functioning. I forced shut down holding power button down. 

Second. To resolve situation need second pc to go to Acer support page where is download files and manuals. Download your bios from your laptop site. then  extract it to separate folder, run exe file. It shows you that some error when trying to flash bios to that second pc. Dont close that exe file, now go to My computer/local disc c:/users/your user name/appdata/local/temp folder, Inside there is some 7zip temp folder ,what is that bios exe file opened in desktop , copy this to your desktop. Then open it and look some file isflash.bin. Remember where it is in folder. Close that bios exe file.

Third. Open internet and look program name Free Hex Editor Neo. Download and run. In this open file (isflash.bin) then go up edit, open find section and type .fd ,there is possibilities what it look, need use unicode text. Then it find .fd end in that bin file,  write up the name what it is ; in my case that was C5PRHx64.fd . Then go to file isflash.bin ,click right mouse in file name and choose copy then type that name in copy field,  similar to rename but rename not changing.bin, only when you do copy and write full name like I did C5PRHx64.fd what you find with hex editor and then enter. Now u see changed file with .fd extension. 

Fourth. Take usb stick and format it to FAT32 and put on title same name what was in download page mine was BIOS_Acer_1.21_A_A 
    then copy that .fd file to that usb stick. 

Fifth. Unplug power charger cable at laptop,  put usb stick in laptop,  acer has crisis key combination to run cold flash Fn+ESC, press fn+esc and hold down, then plug in power cable, holding fn+esc down press power button. Should run in full speed cooling system. free fn+esc buttons. Now laptop read from usb that .fd bios file. When it done it turns off laptop and staying off. Remove usb and push power button. It runs up like normal laptop start with logo on screen and next to op system. THATS all.