Sound is not working on my NITRO 5 AN515-55

ARWADS
ARWADS Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, i bought my new Nitro 5 laptop 2 weeks ago, with windows 10 Home pre-activated. But sometimes i have this problems with sound, i don't know what causes the problem exactly. The sound icon in windows shows down there, i can adjust the sound mixer but the laptop itslef doesn't make any sounds. First time i had this problem, i deleted the sound driver from Device Manager and reinstalled the audio driver from Acer website (based on my laptop), and it worked after restart. But now i tried this method and it did not work anymore. After many restarting and reinstalling drivers nothing seem to work.

I think the Windows Update messed up my audio, because it happened after the windows updated driver "Realtek(R) Audio".
even if plug on my headphones, no sounds are coming out...

Is there anything i could do to solve this problem ? Its really mind blowing how this kind of problem happen to a new tech laptop and my 2010 old laptop had no problem with sound what so ever!

Thank you for your time, your help is appreciated!

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55

Best Answer

• ARWADS

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    EmcoCoka said:
    Can you guys help me get that new driver update? I have the same laptop for two months now. 7 Weeks of sound problems. I'm at the point to start the procedure to send it to Acer.... How do I install the specific updates? 

Here is a step by step pictures on how my method worked

Answers

• Titwaah
    Titwaah Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have same laptop (bought 2 days ago), sound went after windows updates. downloaded the Realtek audio driver from the support page for our model on here and installed it, and its been good since. After first reboot after install I had to click "next" on the installer (it pops back up on boot) and keep going til it says completed and reboots again

hope it helps
  • ARWADS

Tinkerer

Titwaah said:
    I have same laptop (bought 2 days ago), sound went after windows updates. downloaded the Realtek audio driver from the support page for our model on here and installed it, and its been good since. After first reboot after install I had to click "next" on the installer (it pops back up on boot) and keep going til it says completed and reboots again

hope it helps
    Thank you, i tried to install another driver from Device Manager and it worked. Thank you again!
  • EmcoCoka
    EmcoCoka Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can you guys help me get that new driver update? I have the same laptop for two months now. 7 Weeks of sound problems. I'm at the point to start the procedure to send it to Acer.... How do I install the specific updates? 
  • ARWADS

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    EmcoCoka said:

Here is a step by step pictures on how my method worked

• Grasses
    Grasses Member Posts: 1 New User
    HOLYY it works! thank you for the fix.