Acer wireless keyboard seems to be blocking the signal from my existing wireless mouse

HGHF
HGHF Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi there, I have a CSL ergonomic wireless mouse, which was working fine until I plugged in a new wireless Acer keyboard. They both have their own USB receivers, but the wireless mouse is now identified in the device list as Acer 2.4G Device - while the Acer keyboard is identified as USB device.  I've checked which device has which name several times since it makes no sense that the CSL mouse is calling itself Acer!). 

I've tried changing the batteries and the USB port on the mouse many times, and restarted the pc.  Is it possible that the new Acer keyboard is blocking the signal for the wireless mouse?  It's a conundrum since I bought the ergonomic mouse to deal with wrist pain, but now I can't use it with the Acer keyboard!  Any suggestions gratefully received.

Answers

• What happens when you change the wireless mouse driver to the correct model?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HGHF

Tinkerer

Thanks for your reply.  Can you give me some more details please - it's hard to see what you're doing in the screenshot.  I see you've opened Device Manager.  Then are you looking in Human Interface Devices?  (I've never looked at Human Interface Devices so I don't know what they relate to!).  I tried updating drivers in Mice & other pointing devices - and it told me the drivers were all up to date.
  • HGHF

Tinkerer

I've managed to get them to work together - by re-plugging in the USB receiver from the old wireless keyboard that I was using previously, and leaving both wireless keyboard USBs in, as well as the USB receiver for the ergonomic mouse.  Somehow plugging in both USB receivers together with the mouse receiver seems to have stopped the new receiver interfering with the ergonomic mouse.  No idea why this is working, but I'm happy that it is!  Thanks for your help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Heheh, that's one of the reasons they give you so many USB ports to work with. :) My guess is they wore both trying to run on the same frequencies, and plugging the next device in made the bad one switch to a different channel.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.