ae5-575g How to fix updates when battery isn't present

Jo5hua89
Jo5hua89 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
How can I fix this issue when my battery is dead and can't update drivers please help thank you

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Jo5hua89
    Jo5hua89 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Im now using my ae5-575g laptop
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Jo5hua89
    ch​eck if there is a pin 📌hole at the bottom of the unit. Put a small pin inside and press and hold the pin for 30sec.  If there is no pin hole then press the power button for 12sec. Remember to remove your charger when you do that.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Jo5hua89 said:
    How can I fix this issue when my battery is dead and can't update drivers please help thank you

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

First try to plug the power supply/charger into the laptops side power plug and try to run the laptop through the mains power. If the charger is faulty then get a new OEM power supply/charger also, your battery could either be beyond charging and needs replacing and/or faulty. To do all this you need to unscrew all the hatch doors for the HDD and RAM and also take the main back cover off to access/replace the battery for you E5-575G (see specs and photos of captions below). Try all these things first before doing anything as power supply problems and charging problems can be numerous if the things I've mentioned are working. A laptop not charging and/or not having power could be numerous like Capacitors, Diodes and Transistor and MOSFET chips that have either failed, burned out and need to be diagnosed by an experienced technician that has all the appropriate tools, don't try to fix anything yourself as you will do more damage than fix anything and you could makeyour laptop unfixable. Good luck and hope this helps.

Back Cover

Battery location