How to connect a second monitor to Acer Aspire Z24-890-UA91 AIO Desktop?

software_engineer
software_engineer Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello, I am using HDMI OUT port for connecting my first monitor to Aspire Z24 all-in-one desktop. Today I bought a second monitor + HDMI + USB Type-c 3.1-to-HDMI adapter. When I plug in the type-c, Windows shows this notification and the second monitor does not light up. Does anyone can help me with connecting to the second monitor? Note that the Type C-to-HDMI adapter has a 4K frequency.

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I don't see anything in the specs to say the USB-C port supports video over USB-C and they usually blurb that when it's supported. You likely need a docking station that supports the proper display out rather than just using the cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    That depends on which dock you purchase. Some connect to a USB 3.0 or 3.1 type A slot, some to a USB-C gen 1 or gen 2 slot. There isn't any real functional difference, it's just that the dock will generate the video signal instead of just passing a video stream through.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    I don't see anything in the specs to say the USB-C port supports video over USB-C and they usually blurb that when it's supported. You likely need a docking station that supports the proper display out rather than just using the cable.
  • software_engineer
    edited July 2021
    Thank you. So, none of USB-C 3.1 and USB 3.1s will support video output?
  • software_engineer
    @billsey
    Can you tell me how I have to use the dock station? I mean the way connecting the cables in and out. Also what type of cables should I use?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    That depends on which dock you purchase. Some connect to a USB 3.0 or 3.1 type A slot, some to a USB-C gen 1 or gen 2 slot. There isn't any real functional difference, it's just that the dock will generate the video signal instead of just passing a video stream through.