Cannot find driver for built in camera Aspire VN7-791G

chohakkaifan
chohakkaifan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey all! Had this issue for a while now, but now that I need access to it, I've gone to the extreme measures of actively asking around for a fix.  I have an Aspire VN7-791G with Windows 10, and I have noticed that as of recently, my webcam has not been starting up when I try to access it. It instead gives the message "We cannot find your camera. Error code 0xA00F4244".  I did a bit of troubleshooting today to discover that the camera itself is no longer listed in my Device Manager. It was listed under hidden devices, but the driver was completely greyed out. Attempted to uninstall and reinstall it to see if that would reboot the driver update and reactivate it only for the driver and camera function to vanish completely upon uninstall.

Then I attempted to access the driver here. Still, upon installing the driver that's listed with my device, I immediately got the message, " The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated." So it seems the camera listed as being for this device is not actually the camera installed into this device? My brain is officially wracked on the matter, and I have no idea what next step I should take.

Upon doing a bit of online research, the issue seems to be a Windows10 update issue that conflicts with the driver of the camera, and a lot of people seem to have fixed it by manually updating the driver. But since I have no idea what camera is installed, I now have no idea what driver to look up to fix it.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Download and run iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll detect the camera you have and pick up anything new on line. This model shipped with different cameras, some of which didn't seem to have a separate driver, like the Intel 3D.

If still no joy, this ACER user seemed to have fixed the issue with his VN7 but may not have had the same camera https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/861865/#Comment_861865

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Download and run iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll detect the camera you have and pick up anything new on line. This model shipped with different cameras, some of which didn't seem to have a separate driver, like the Intel 3D.

If still no joy, this ACER user seemed to have fixed the issue with his VN7 but may not have had the same camera https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/861865/#Comment_861865

Jack E/NJ

• chohakkaifan
    chohakkaifan Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:

It was the second half of that link that definitely fixed it! It seems the device driver is not listed as a camera but instead as a USB port, which confused me. Activating the broken driver in the Hardware & Drivers section of Devices & Printers and then updating the driver itself seemed to get it moving.

So strange that the driver title itself doesn't accurately describe what it is.

Thank you so much!
  • JackE
    Congrats on your success!!!    :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ