AN515-55 freeze/stutter while watching YouTube/Twitch Videos or scrolling pages of browsers or apps

Flamio
Flamio Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi all, 
In the last 4/5 days I started experience this issue, only in BATTERY mod. I think it's related to the i-GPU. 
I've got an AN515-55, i7-10750, NVIDIA RTX3060, but it also has an Intel HUD Graphic as integrated GPU. It manages browsers like Chrome, and when the stutter occurs, his usage drops to 0%. I tried to unable Hardware Acc. on browsers and this helped: now i experience losing frame more frequently but less consistent. Still, the problems is there. I also tried to restore the PC to 20/06, when I'm sure there was no issue. But still, the stutter occured. Is it driver related? 
The motherboard is brand new, when i bought the pc (3 month ago), it could not be recharged. Acer assistance replaced it.

What should I do? 

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Flamio,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result.
  • Flamio

Tinkerer

Hi @Eswar,
    If I say 'Yes' to the F9 setting, will I lose the configuration of my laptop? (My memory, my OS, etc.)
  • Flamio

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    I've also opened a Thread on Intel Forum, where I describe the issue with more details, there are also some videos about it, to explain the issue better. 
    I'll link it Here:
    https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Experiencing-drop-frames-on-Youtube-Twitch-videos-or-scrolling/m-p/1294665#M98514

Let me know if you can see the videos or i'll post that on this forum, with all the messages of the thread
  • Flamio

Tinkerer

Another thing I wanted to add: I've never updated the iGPU drivers; the only time I did was using an Intel APP, and doing that caused many Windows crashes, I could not regulate brightness, etc. Should I update the iGPU drivers from the Acer Site? Could you tell me which one is it? 
  • Nasdaq
    Nasdaq Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Had this issue but only when running programs on nvidia GPU. A driver rollback back solved my problem.

I had already prevoisly updated intel drivers via Intel Driver & Support Tool.
  • Flamio

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    Nasdaq said:
    Had this issue but only when running programs on nvidia GPU. A driver rollback back solved my problem.

I had already prevoisly updated intel drivers via Intel Driver & Support Tool.
    I tought that my Issue started when I updated NVIDIA drivers. So I tried to restore the drivers back, but I noticed no improvement, the problem was still there, even when (I'm sure) there was not. So it can't be a dGPU driver problem or conflict. In fact, it happens only with the iGPU: apps like Chrome, or Edge use the Intel HUD Graphic.
    I tried to update the iGPU from the Intel Driver & Support Tool once, but that cause anomalies, crashes of windows, i could not regulate brightness. That's because, I think, it had installed wrong iGPU drivers for this laptot. So I made a rollback, and I had no problem, till now.

I noticed now that in the ACER NITRO 5 AN515-55 Drivers page there is: 
    VGA Driver (RTX 3060) Data: 2021/07/02 Versione: 27.21.14.5771
    My version of the dGPU is 30.0.14.7111.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/it/IT/content/support-product/8305?b=1
    Is it OK? 
    Plus, is it normal that my iGPU it's called "Intel HUD Graphic" and the driver version is 27.20.100.8280? Should i update it? 
  • Flamio

Tinkerer

Also, i've never updated the firmware. Should I install this:

Update Nvidia discrete VGA VBIOS and improve performance. Data: 2021/05/27 Versione: v101a

• Flamio

Tinkerer

Anyone can help, or i can send more details
  • Flamio

Tinkerer

Another important thing: this issue DOES NOT OCCURE when i'm plugged to the AC
    So I tight it's related to the power management setting. But even with High Performance setting (On Nitrosense AND on Windows10, in battery mode) it still occurs
  • Flamio

Tinkerer

Waiting for updates
  • Flamio

Tinkerer

anyoneeeeeee?
  • MarcosVVentura
    MarcosVVentura Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey, did you manage to solve this issue? I'm experiencing the exact same thing, and I have no idea how to fix it.
    Note: I hope that even after this time you receive a notification, hahaha.

• theasushater
    theasushater Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey, i'm currently researching on this too, i have found that , the browsers work on efficiency mode ,Check it on task manager , there might me a green leaf type symbol beside the browsers.