Aspire X-895 Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX SB1570 PCIe 5.1 sound Card SBX Pro Studio

oztraxed
oztraxed Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
Hi, wonder if anyone has put this card into an Aspire X-895 desktop?

I'm thinking of putting one in, aim to do some recordings and mixing in Cakewalk.

It comes with the bracket at the back with all the speaker outputs.

My questions are:

For a complete novice it it easy to put in? do I just open it up and plug it into the slot then close it back up again and hey presto all there?

Does my front panel headphone and mic socket automaticly work?

Has anyone use this card for recording and playback and is the quality good? Or any other suggestions for sound card?

I'm doing this causwe thought I have got the 5.1 sound working on the onboard Realtek card (at last) when recording I have a delay, I think it's called latency. with my old XP system I had a Creative 5.1 sound card and no delays on that with recording, also gave me a nice playback sound thru my speakers.

Many thanks for your time and any advice.

Cheers

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @oztraxed

If you already have the sound card, definitely put it in.

It is basically easy. Just  make sure the card seated tight enough in the slot and remember to tighten the screw at the bracket. The card may have a driver disc, that is the software for the communication between your card and the computer.

If the sound card installed and rebooted and the sound card is not working properly, then you may need to insert the driver disc ( or visit Creative Sound web site to download the right drivers for the card) and run the driver installation program ( usually the Setup application).

But I bet Windows 10 probably will install the right drivers for you automatically.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    I'm guessing you mean an Aspire XC-895 model... That case has good room inside for a card and that card is a PCIe x1 card so should work fine in that second slot. Note that if you have a GPU installed that takes up two slots worth of space, you won't have access to the x1 slot. You should just need to plug the card in then install the drivers. Windows will likely install drivers, but necessarily the full featured drivers Creative will have available.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • oztraxed

Thanks guys, I think I will give it a bash. Have ordered it and coming next Thursday.

I see people with cables to their arms for shorting out the case, do I need to do something like that before I put it ion after opening the case please?

thanks again!

Cheers

Ed
  • billsey
    If anything just make sure you are working where you don't get static zaps. Touch the case before touching any components so any residual static will be bled off. Best is the wrist bands with wires connected to a ground, and any regular technicians will use that, but just taking care pretty much always works out.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • oztraxed
    Hi guys, do I need to disable my current Realtek soundcard in the bios after I install the Soundblaster, or will I be given a choice which sound card to be the default one used?

Thanks
  • billsey
    You should be given the choice, and it will likely default to the new card.
  • oztraxed
    Thanks. I'm on hols at the mo, will do it next week when I'm back and post results up here. May help other no techie as myself if they want to give it a bash.
  • oztraxed
    Hi guys, maybe you can help?

Have installed soundcard, it sounds as good as I hoped, as well as removing the latency I had with the Realtex card when recording.

But one slight inconvenience, I can't use my front ports. The mic and headphones work well at the back, onto the output ports of the card, but is there a way I can use the front ports instead please? They worked with the Realtek cad that came with the desktop.

Many thanks, cheers
  • billsey
    Nope, the front ports are physically connected to the onboard audio...
  • oztraxed
    Thanks billsey, I'll just have to use the back ports then, cheers!