Is The Acer aspire ATC-780-AMZi5 Compatible with Windows 11? Does it have a TPM MODULE?

2inSD
2inSD Member Posts: 44 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited January 11 in Aspire Laptops
Did a Microsoft pc Health check up and it said that my Aspire desktop ATC-780-AMZi5 isn't compatible. Is the true?

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    My TC-895-UA92 has it.
    Check by 
    Do I have TPM on my computer?
    "First, use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialog. Then type: tpm. msc and hit Enter or click OK. Next, The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) utility will launch."
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    2inSD said:
    Did a Microsoft pc Health check up and it said that my Aspire desktop ATC-780-AMZi5 isn't compatible. Is the true?

Do this to check if your computer is compatible with Windows 11:

How to check if your PC can run Windows 11

The easiest method to check if your PC will run Windows 11 is to run the system requirements checker as follows:

1. Download from here the PC Health Check tool or from here PC Health Check tool from Microsoft and then install it and run it on your PC.

2. When your download the tool, it will check for PC health status.

3. Thereafter, under the Introducing Windows 11 option, click on Check now.

4. If you get the reply This PC can run Windows 11, you will be able to install Windows 11 on your system.

5. Else, you would have to upgrade your system.

• LonyouLOL
    LonyouLOL Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    My Aspire A515-43 has it soo you can get this pc if you want...
    What's a Signature???
    I'm 
    illegal dumb so idk
    go sub to my crappy yt: Qjay - YouTube
    and download this wallpaper, I Like it :)

• LonyouLOL
    LonyouLOL Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    if you want proof...
    What's a Signature???
    I'm 
    illegal dumb so idk
    go sub to my crappy yt: Qjay - YouTube
    and download this wallpaper, I Like it :)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @LonyouLOL your Aspire A515-43 laptop is a very different machine than the TC-780 desktop the original poster was asking about. The TC-780 is either 6th gen or 7th gen Skylake based and doesn't have a TPM in the chipset. The only solution to Windows 11 support (unless Microsoft changes the spec) is an external TPM.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • brownboy
    brownboy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

window 11  compatible on some software is questionable ? and i have had a few b.s.d. death
  • billsey
    @brownboy you will be best served by posting to a new thread (use the Ask a Question button). Please include your full model number, what you question is, and what you have tried so far. This thread is too confusing since it reflects several different machines and questions.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DM002
    DM002 Member Posts: 1 New User
    purchased the aspire TC-780-AMZKi5 two years ago (ish) I have tried using win+R with no luck also from boot up the TPM after being changed manually save and exit from setup does not keep the changes. finally was able to download the pc health check tool, ran it and the pop up showed that for the i5 version of the TC-780-AMZKi5 This processor intel core i5-7400 cpu @ 3.00GHz isnt supported for windows 11. The question now is buy a newer PC or not bother as this one runs fine and win 10 will be supported through 2025? I'll be 67 by then kind of a mute point lol
  • billsey
    The TC-780 models come with either a 6th gen or 7th gen Intel processor. Microsoft requires an 8th gen processor for Windows 11. Stick with Windows 10 until you are ready for an updated machine and then switch to 11.
  • rssagarsee
    rssagarsee Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire AT3 600 none of the recommended solutions work for my PC TPM upgrade to windows 11 Cant find the TPM in bios security