Aspire A515-45 2021 HDD bracket kit

alettone
alettone Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hello,
I just received my new Aspire V5 laptop with an AMD Ryzen 5700U, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVME.
I wanted to add a 2TB 2.5" SATA drive but after having opened the case I found that there isn't any connector neither a bracket to fix it.
I found out that usually the kit to add a 2.5" HDD is provided in the box but this isn't the case.
What's the kit's code and where can I buy it?

Here's a picture:

Thanks,

Best Answers

• alettone
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jack, thanks for the quick answer.
    Unfortunately I'm in Italy and I can't fill that form but I managed to find the cable in Europe.
    Actually I'd like to use the original bracket to fix the hard drive and not a self-made fixing, do you know which one is necessary on my laptop?
    Thanks,

Alessandro
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,832 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Part no. 33.HGLN7.001. About $10USD.

PS: You might also ask your laptop vendor to try to get the kit for you.  :)

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    If you bought the machine in the US or Canada, you can request the kit at this link. However, I recommend immobilizing and protecting the HDD or SSD with antistat foam instead of adding more metal brackets and screws to a case that's already crowded enough inside. The only part you need is the ribbon cable to connect to the mainboard, part no .50.HGLN7.003 common to many aspire models. About $15USD. . Google the part no for vendors who ship to your location

Jack E/NJ

• alettone
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jack, thanks for the quick answer.
    Unfortunately I'm in Italy and I can't fill that form but I managed to find the cable in Europe.
    Actually I'd like to use the original bracket to fix the hard drive and not a self-made fixing, do you know which one is necessary on my laptop?
    Thanks,

Alessandro
  • JackE
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Part no. 33.HGLN7.001. About $10USD.

PS: You might also ask your laptop vendor to try to get the kit for you.  :)

Jack E/NJ

• alettone
    edited June 2021
    I will try to ask the vendor  ;)
    Thanks!

• JackE
    Good luck. As I recall, a few UK & Swedish users reported that the bracket & ribbon was packed in the box along with their laptop purchases. I think one of the vendors was Curry's.

Jack E/NJ