Spin 5 (sp513-55N )chargers

lhop057
lhop057 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
can I ask any Spin 5 owners - what charger was supplied out of the box? one with a DC end or USB C ? I have just bought a new Spin 5 (sp513-55N) and despite there being a DC port, was surprised to a charger block with USB C connection - anyone know why? Is there a reason ?  

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• tito2323
    tito2323 Member Posts: 1 New User
    The USB C charging is faster.
  • lhop057

Tinkerer

tito2323 said:
    ok, still confused though about why the unit comes with what in practice will be a redundant dc charging port then? it also means I thought I'd have 2 thunderbolt slots but in reality will only have 1 if the other is taken with the supplied charger. I just assumed the supplied charger should fit the dedicated charging port. seems very strange.. is there an ACER dc charger that will fit?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    lhop057 said:
    tito2323 said:
    ok, still confused though about why the unit comes with what in practice will be a redundant dc charging port then? it also means I thought I'd have 2 thunderbolt slots but in reality will only have 1 if the other is taken with the supplied charger. I just assumed the supplied charger should fit the dedicated charging port. seems very strange.. is there an ACER dc charger that will fit?
    What is the exact Spin 5 model that you have? These are the Acer quoted OEM chargers and battery for the Spin SP513-52N and NP.

• lhop057

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    lhop057 said:
    tito2323 said:
    What is the exact Spin 5 model that you have? These are the Acer quoted OEM chargers and battery for the Spin SP513-52N and NP.

thanks - the exact model I have is SP513-55N NX.A5PEK.005 brand new unit. Cant find any charger information in the the online manual. the acer accessories shop items listed don't have my model anywhere in compatibility section
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    As I said on your other thread, it's possible that Acer has changed the default supply they include. The FRU list still says they are shipping with the barrel connector type charger, but they may have gotten a good price on the USB-C chargers, so switched to that without telling us. It's been known to happen before. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lhop057

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    As I said on your other thread, it's possible that Acer has changed the default supply they include. The FRU list still says they are shipping with the barrel connector type charger, but they may have gotten a good price on the USB-C chargers, so switched to that without telling us. It's been known to happen before. :)
    Thank you for replying. I have now discovered the part that should be sent is KP.06501.017 and they have sent KP.06593.020 instead so fingers crossed I receive one soon.