Aspire VX5-591G Can't update intel graphic 630 driver ?

Esef_F
Esef_F Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
TL DR : Can't update (or find the proper update for) Intel Graphic 630 driver. Is the last driver really from 2017 ? Then nvm, don't read this I guess, I'm up to date.

Hello,

I have a Acer laptop "Aspire VX5-591G" with a GTX 1050 and a integrated graphic card "Intel Graphic 630". So a I'm having some display issue with a few games (LoL...). I formated my PC but the problem remains, so I found this topic wich describes perfectly my problem : https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/593966/launching-league-of-legends-results-in-blank-white-box?breakffcache=1d392 (topic from 2020) : updating both Nvidia and Intel drivers. I updated without any problem the Nvidia driver for the GTX1050, but I can't update or find the proper driver for the "Intel graphic 630".

When I try to automatically update the driver through the device manager it tells me it's already the lastest update. I tried using "Intel Driver & Support Assisant" with the same results. I also tried to manually update this driver here (next image), but I'm getting an error when I click on the executable after downloading it.

The error I get is the following (next image). It tells me that I can't update this driver because it doesnt suit my computer.

Then I finally tried looking directly on the acer website to find an update that suit my PC. But first I can't find the one for Intel, and every "update" is older than the one I'm having. Isn't it weird ? Am I missing something ?

Let me know if you need more informations, ty for reading all of this,

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the ACER driver support download website is usually the latest driver for the proprietary ACER mainboard. If the 630 graphics seems to be running properly, then no updates should be attempted.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the ACER driver support download website is usually the latest driver for the proprietary ACER mainboard. If the 630 graphics seems to be running properly, then no updates should be attempted.

Jack E/NJ

• butthurt_86
    butthurt_86 Member Posts: 74 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Esef_F you trying to install DCH drivers which not compatible for your model plus it could affect your laptop perfomance. the only thing that compatible is legacy driver. so far version 24.20.100.6286 works. you can download drivers on aspire E5 576G model. or you prefer generic intel (not recommend) -NEW- 24.20.100.6286: Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit...