Acer Extensa 15 My laptop says "No Bootable Device"!

Unusual
Unusual Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
My laptop (I can call it Acer Extensa 15) keeps saying "No Bootable Device!" when booting up. Maybe it is because of WaffMEMZ. Here is the image of an error:
I tried to go into the BIOS menu, going into Boot setting selected Boot Mode, and UEFI is the only one option.
Now I can't do stuff like making projects on Scratch. Any ideas?

Answers

• Unusual
    Unusual Member Posts: 4 New User
    How can I download and install Windows 11?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    UEFI is correct for any computer running an OS much after Windows 7, so you are good there. The question is if the drive is working. Do you have access to a different system to create a Windows install flash drive? We can use the Repair option there in order to look at the system drive to see what state it's in. Check in your BIOS to make sure Secure Boot is disabled and the F12 boot menu is enabled then use F12 when first starting to get the option of booting from the flash drive. Select the Repair option on the second screen and get into the command prompt. Use 'diskpart' with the commands 'list disk', 'sel disk #' and 'list part' to see what partition are on the drive. Take a picture and show us...
    If you are having issues with Windows 10, you really don't want to be installing the beta test version of Windows 11!
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Unusual,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​