I just installed my 2nd 1 TB NVME 1 Tb SSD M.2 In my Acer Predator

Options
Smegma11
Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Man was I nervous. I hadn't been in a laptop in a while, my hands were shaking, my eyesight is getting bad. i was so worried about the battery terminal. But it slipped off and on easily. The case popped off and back on with my iPhone tools from Amazon. The bottom screws for the case was tougher than the others because they have some locktite but I got them out okay.  I went to file explorer, right clicke on This PC, left clicked on Manage, Left clicked on Disk management and it showed all the drives. Then a box popped up and showed the new unrecocnized drive and asked me how I wanted it mounted. I picked GPT, like the others. I was now ready to partition and format, which I did. I labeled it 1 Tb Acer Data Drive. New drives always mess me up and call themselves drive 0. I wish I could fix that but I don't know how. It messes me up doing backups. Anyone know how to renumber drives?
As a side note. I have movies stored on a USB 3 drive tower. I copied a large file to my new 1 Tb. It copied at 120 mbs. I then tried copying it between the 2 onboard 1 Tb drive. 2,24 GBS per second. UNBELIEVABLE!! This is why I unstalled Xbox games and installed the new  1 TB and want to re-install Xbox onto this drive. I need to make smaller backups, too.