Laptop stopped charging even when it's plugged in to the power source

Pheonis
Pheonis Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,

Last week, while working I suddenly noticed my laptop stopped charging and then started charging for few seconds then stopped..it happened for a new minutes then everything went to normal.

Now again after one week, my laptop stopped charging and now it's not charging even after doing all sorts of things such as plugging unplugging the power cable, restarting the laptop but nothing helped.

Has anybody faced similar issue?what could be the reason for this? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,767 Trailblazer
    This is normal if you are running programs or games that are using a lot of CPU/GPU power. You can try to reset the battery charging behavior by removing the charger and either pressing and holding a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for about a minute or removing the battery itself for at least a minute. Then plug the charger back in and wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Then try to turn the machine on again. Then open Device Manager and click the batteries folder. Then right click and uninstall all battery-related drivers in this folder. Then exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Then shut down Windows normally. Turn the machine back on.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Pheonis,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.

5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Pheonis
    Pheonis Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2021
    Thanks guys but both these methods didn't work.

I found one weird thing though which is..
    My laptop starts to charge when I twist one particular area of my adaptar cable and stops charging when I leave it..

I don't know what's wrong but I'm getting an idea that may be the adaptor cable is damaged from inside thought it's completely new from out side and just one year old.

So is there something wrong with my adaptar cable?

Should I change the laptop adaptar?