Nitro 5 AN515-52 Install Windows 10 - Completly remove Ubuntu 20.04 - BIOS Settings

SMshrimant
SMshrimant Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited June 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi Guys,
I hope you are doing well.

I wanted to install Windows 10 on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 and want to know what BIOS settings configuration is required.

As of now I am using Ubuntu 20.04 and want to completely format it and do a clean Windows 10 installation.
While installing Ubuntu 20.04 I had faced lot of problems mentioned in this thread:

I do a have a Windows image file in USB which I took backup before formatting my windows.
Below are my current BIOS Settings, Please let me know what changes I have to make so that I can install a Working Windows 10 OS.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

-

-

-

-

Best Regards,
Shrimant More.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,792 Trailblazer
    Simply re-enter the BIOS with your password and press F9 to load defaults. Then F10 to save settings and exit. Did you make the image USB stick bootable using recovery in AcerCareCenter or some other way?

Jack E/NJ

• If you backed up erecovery provided by acer via acer care center, just activate d2drecovery and f12 boot menu. Then press f12 before the acer logo and choose the usb stick to boot.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SMshrimant
    edited June 2021

I DIDN'T use acer care center, I used normal way of recovery.

Also, I installed Ubuntu on 256 GB SSD and my Personal Data is stored on 1TB HDD, so while recovering from USB, will it format 1TB HDD as well?
    Basically, I want to install the recovery image on 256 GB SSD and I want to access the data stored in 1TB HDD as it is from newly installed Windows.

Please let me know how this can be done.

Best Regards,
    Shrimant More.
  • JackE
    >>>I used normal way of recovery. >>>

What  is your normal way?  The ACER Care Center was a way to recover the original ACER factory version. If you used Microsoft's control panel way then it's probably best to re-install Win10 using Microsoft's USB media creation tool on the 256GB SSD. It's also probably best to temporarily disconnect the 1TB HDD data drive while installing Win10 on the SSD so that no corruption or mistakes can happen to the HDD.

Jack E/NJ

• In that case, I advise unplugging the 1tb hard drive, just in case. See this video:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SMshrimant
    Hi Team,

I did this "Simply re-enter the BIOS with your password and press F9 to load defaults. Then F10 to save settings and exit." as said by @JackE
    And then used the USB stick in which I recovered Windows Image.
    Windows 10 Luckily installed on 256GB SSD and my personal data is still there as it is in 1TB HDD.

We can close this thread, Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
    Shrimant More.

• JackE
    Congrats. Thanks for reporting back on your success.   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ