According to the tech spec you need Secure Boot enabled Aspire S7

MalcolmA
MalcolmA Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Looking at my laptop Secure Boot isn't enabled and as a result, when Windows 11 emerges my laptop won't be able to take advantage of the upgrade.  Is there anyway to alter that - I'm not a techie so it needs to be a simple enough process or instructions, if it's possible.  Otherwise am I stuck with Windows 10 until I need to replace my, otherwise good, Aspire S7.

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @MalcolmA
    Seems like the Secure Boot option is not available now. I won't be worrying too much about it. Who knows when the manufacturer will come up with a BIOS update and will enable such an option?

Answers

• ttttt
    @MalcolmA

I do not know the specific BIOS (Basic Input/ Output System) of your PC. However, generally speaking during the bootup black screen you can keep tapping the "Del" key or F2 ( or Fn+F2) to enter it. Once in, you can use the up/down and left/right arrow keys to navigate. Modern Pcs will allow navigating with mouse too.

The first tab of the BIOS is usually the general information. Use the right/left arrow keys to navigate to another tabs. Different tabs will give you different kind of information. Explore a little to get an idea what is there. Just do not change any of the original entries yet if you are not sure. If you explore enough, you may stumbled on something like the  "Security" section, navigate down and explore the choices. You may come across the "Secure Boot" section. There may be an option to enable or disable it, I believe.

To exit BIOS, hit the F10 key, or navigate to the "save and exit" and hit enter. This will bring you back to the normal boot.

I believe most modern PC BIOS have the Secure Boot option. Should not be worrying about it.
  • MalcolmA
    MalcolmA Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi, sorry my question maybe wasn't clear enough.  I can fnd where it shows the secure boot but that it isn't enabled and I can't see any option to enable it.  I suspect it's just not possible and I'll have to make do with Windows 10 until I upgrade my Laptop.
  • ttttt
    Answer ✓
    @MalcolmA
    Seems like the Secure Boot option is not available now. I won't be worrying too much about it. Who knows when the manufacturer will come up with a BIOS update and will enable such an option?
  • petboy
    petboy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My hp x360 would not run win 11 as the i7 it has is not supported and that's why i got the tc-895 and am now running the win 11 evaluation 
    Edition Windows 11 Home
    Update 21H2
    Installed on ‎28/‎06/‎2021
    OS build 22000.51
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 421.16300.0.3
    only been on it a couple of hours but so far so good clean looks better easy to use settings and prob a lot more good stuff i have yet to see
  • ttttt
    @petboy
    Keep us informed about your evaluations of the pre-released Win 11. 
    It is a little too early for me to try it out, will wait for the formal distribution.