[Aspire E15 e5-576g] how to enable tpm 2.0 to install windows 11 preview

Ggggeorge1234
Ggggeorge1234 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited May 2023 in Windows 11
I've tried every single option in BIOS and I couldn't enable tpm2.0 , does this laptop even have tpm ?
cpu: core i7-8550u 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try pressing Ctrl+S to reveal any hidden options in the Security tab.

Jack E/NJ

• Ggggeorge1234

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Try pressing Ctrl+S to reveal any hidden options in the Security tab.

I tried pressing Ctrl+S but it didn't show any additional options 

• JackE
    What BIOS version number do you have?

Jack E/NJ

• Ggggeorge1234

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    JackE said:
    I have the latest version for my device 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
  • JackE
    Try setting and saving a supervisor password. Then re-enter the BIOS menu with the password to see if the option appears. In earlier BIOS versions, the option was grayed out and couldn't be changed unless a BIOS password was first set.

Jack E/NJ

• Ggggeorge1234

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Try setting and saving a supervisor password. Then re-enter the BIOS menu with the password to see if the option appears. In earlier BIOS versions, the option was grayed out and couldn't be changed unless a BIOS password was first set.
    I managed to view advanced setting but I couldn't find tpm .... btw can boot time be reduced using this settings bc when I bought the laptop it was about 5 sec but after I took it to service center boot time became 40 sec ..

• JackE
    >>>I managed to view advanced setting but I couldn't find tpm .... btw can boot time be reduced using this settings bc when I bought the laptop it was about 5 sec but after I took it to service center boot time became 40 sec ..>>>

That also seems to be called platform trust tech. Did you find it enabled? I'd expect boot time to decrease if disabled  Did you also check the security tab as mentioned earlier?

Jack E/NJ

• tpm doesn't show up in device manager? Did this issue occur after unlocking the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ggggeorge1234

Tinkerer

JackE 
    yeah tpm is also called PTT it was already enabled but windows can't recognize it I guess ,when I run tpm.msc does this chipset have a driver that can be downloaded

tpm doesn't show up in device manager? Did this issue occur after unlocking the bios?
    I didn't use any BIOS mod or unlock I just replace the RAM with another one , first BIOS boot after that will have advanced menu 
  • JackE
    Did you also check the security tab as mentioned earlier?

Jack E/NJ

• Ggggeorge1234

Tinkerer

@JackE

Yup, it didn't have any new options 
  • JackE
    >>>does this chipset have a driver that can be downloaded>>>

The latest is dated 2017 and I doubt it would impact this. I don't think tpm2 is even compatible with tpm1x since it's a chip level hardware change. If this was my workhorse machine, I wouldn't try any firmware tweaks to try to force even a preview. I'd wait till Microsoft fixes the preview installation since it seems half-baked to me.

Jack E/NJ

• Ultraman
    Ultraman Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:
    I managed to view advanced setting but I couldn't find tpm .... btw can boot time be reduced using this settings bc when I bought the laptop it was about 5 sec but after I took it to service center boot time became 40 sec ..

How to unlock advanced settings?
  • JackE
    Try setting and saving a supervisor password. Then re-enter the BIOS with the password. Press Ctrl+S.

Jack E/NJ

• Manuchar
    Manuchar Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:
    Hello. What about v1.10 bios version?. May i  able to set tpm settings
  • JackE

Sorry not If you have a e5-576g model. If you have another model post your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.