Which RAM and SSD models are supported for Aspire E5-576G-59Q9

Options
LavangaDeshanjana
LavangaDeshanjana Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited March 20 in Aspire Laptops
Hello!

I've noticed that my laptop has slowed down over the time. So I thought of upgrading RAM and installing a SSD. But when I search, I found out that there are many models/types of SSDs and RAMs. So I'm confused which SSD and RAM models/types are suitable for my laptop. Please help me out!

Laptop Model: Aspire E5-576G-59Q9
Part No: NXGWNSG002

Thanks!

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,131 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You can upgrade the memory up to 16GB but 8GB will be fine in my opinion, you can buy another 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz module and install in the empty slot, as for the SSD, you can install a M.2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD in your laptop, you can also get a small(128GB or 256GB) M.2 SATA SSD and install, migrate your HDD to it and use as the boot drive, you can keep the HDD for storage.
    Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | acer | aspire e5 | Aspire E5-576G | Crucial UK
    Acer Aspire E5-576G Performance Results - UserBenchmark
    Upgrading My Acer E15 - Adding a M.2 SSD to My Laptop I Got On Letgo - YouTube
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,028 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello!

I've noticed that my laptop has slowed down over the time. So I thought of upgrading RAM and installing a SSD. But when I search, I found out that there are many models/types of SSDs and RAMs. So I'm confused which SSD and RAM models/types are suitable for my laptop. Please help me out!

Thanks!
    This is where your SSD and RAM slots of your Aspire E5-576G are placed. 

This is the max RAM and the compatible RAM for your Aspire E5-576G which has to be of the 260pin type soDIMM 1.05V and/or 1.2V from DDR3L-1600MHz to the DDR4-2400MHz max type memory modules Note: it has to be standard type memory NOT overckocked memory as overclocked memory will not work.

The hard drives that your Aspire E5-576G can be fitted with are either the 2.5 inch SATA-3 6GB/sec spinner HDD's or 2.5 inch  SATA-3 6GB/sec SSD's type drives with the addition of the M.2 SATA-3 at 6GB/sec M.2 B&M end key type SSD drives. Acer fits the E5-576G with drives of capacities of 128GB or 256GB and 512Gb type M.2 SSD but you can fit higher capacities as long as it complies with the Windows format rules for MBR/Legacy which is not greater than a capacity of 2TB max or the GPT/UEFI format which can accomodate greater capactiy than 2TB for an M.2 SATA-3 at 6GB/sec B&M end key type drives. 

These are some of the Acer OEM fitted 2.5 inch Spinner HDD's Specs (but you can replace these with the 2.5 inch SSD type also as they are quicker) 

These are some of the OEM M.2 SSD's that are a SATA-3 at 6GB/sec B&M end key type drives fitted specs 

B&M end key type M.2 drive

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You can upgrade the memory up to 16GB but 8GB will be fine in my opinion, you can buy another 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz module and install in the empty slot, as for the SSD, you can install a M.2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD in your laptop, you can also get a small(128GB or 256GB) M.2 SATA SSD and install, migrate your HDD to it and use as the boot drive, you can keep the HDD for storage.
    Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | acer | aspire e5 | Aspire E5-576G | Crucial UK
    Acer Aspire E5-576G Performance Results - UserBenchmark
    Upgrading My Acer E15 - Adding a M.2 SSD to My Laptop I Got On Letgo - YouTube
  • StevenGen
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello!

Thanks!
    This is where your SSD and RAM slots of your Aspire E5-576G are placed. 

This is the max RAM and the compatible RAM for your Aspire E5-576G which has to be of the 260pin type soDIMM 1.05V and/or 1.2V from DDR3L-1600MHz to the DDR4-2400MHz max type memory modules Note: it has to be standard type memory NOT overckocked memory as overclocked memory will not work.

The hard drives that your Aspire E5-576G can be fitted with are either the 2.5 inch SATA-3 6GB/sec spinner HDD's or 2.5 inch  SATA-3 6GB/sec SSD's type drives with the addition of the M.2 SATA-3 at 6GB/sec M.2 B&M end key type SSD drives. Acer fits the E5-576G with drives of capacities of 128GB or 256GB and 512Gb type M.2 SSD but you can fit higher capacities as long as it complies with the Windows format rules for MBR/Legacy which is not greater than a capacity of 2TB max or the GPT/UEFI format which can accomodate greater capactiy than 2TB for an M.2 SATA-3 at 6GB/sec B&M end key type drives. 

These are some of the Acer OEM fitted 2.5 inch Spinner HDD's Specs (but you can replace these with the 2.5 inch SSD type also as they are quicker) 

These are some of the OEM M.2 SSD's that are a SATA-3 at 6GB/sec B&M end key type drives fitted specs 

B&M end key type M.2 drive

• LavangaDeshanjana
    LavangaDeshanjana Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Options
    I'm confused! M.2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD? Which is more suitable for my device? Plus, I saw there are different sizes of these. Which one is compatible with my device?
  • brummyfan2
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I'm confused! M.2 SATA or M.2 NVMe SSD? Which is more suitable for my device? Plus, I saw there are different sizes of these. Which one is compatible with my device?
    Hi,
    I would suggest you get a M.2 SATA SSD because there won't be any noticeable difference between them for day to day work, you can benefit by installing a M.2 NVMe SSD if you transfer large files often.
    You need a 2280 size M.2 SSD like:
    Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB SATA M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-N6E250): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
  • StevenGen
    Options

What I’ve explained above is pretty simple "LavangaDeshanjana" your Aspire E5-576G does not support M.2 NVMe type drives, you are wasting your time and money if you buy them it only supports M.2 SATA-3 6GB/sec max type drives.

• Amare
    Amare Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I also have noticed that my laptop has slowed down over the time. I want to upgrade its performance. I want to know whether addition another RAM card is enough or addition SSD also want? But when I search, I found out that there are many models/types of SSDs and RAMs. So I'm confused which SSD and RAM models/types are suitable for my laptop. Please help me out!
    Model: Aspire E5 -576 - 36Q9
    Ram: 4GB ddr3
    Hdd:1000GB

• Bruz
    Bruz Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hi, @StevenGen where I can find the manual for my Acer aspire e5-576g 59q9

I search it but couldn't find it

But seems to you have find it

So, I basically need to know about my laptop boards' port details and there limitations kind of stuff.

So can you please share it.

Much appreciated, thanks

• StevenGen
    Options

This is the Aspire E5-575G mainboard details that the SG has, the SG does not have a illustrated and described mainboard, so you need to figure all components out yourself.

These all the mainboards fitted to the E5-675 and the E5-575G laptops with Acer part numbers:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Bruz
    Options

Thank you very much @StevenGen

I was looking some specifications pdf like document for the aspire e5-576g 59q9

But couldn't find it. Very frustrated with Acer documentations compared to other brands.

• Bruz
    Options

Thank you very much @StevenGen

I was looking something like specifications pdf doc for my aspire e5-576g 59q9

But couldn't find it, very frustrated with the Acer documentations compared to other brands

• StevenGen
    Options

Acer service guides are not distributed on the web for all users, they are only distributed to Acer technicians and ranked Acer community member that have access to these SGs, that is why you can't find these PDS SGs on the web. Only very old service guides are available on the web. If you need any help just ask as community members are more than happy to assist you with any problems that you are having with your Aspire E5-575G laptop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Bruz
    Options

Thank you, @StevenGen

I see..

I'm having same Acer model which is

E5-576G-59Q9

I need to check is that laptop supported for the Kingston A2000 nvme ssd (250GB)

If so is that SSD will be able to perform it's best or just degraded performance to match laptops specs and work with it.

Thank you for your support

This discussion has been closed.