Why my Swift 3 Model Name: SF314-59 gets heated everytime I put it on charge?

HasibulHasibul Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
I am using Swift 3 Model Name: SF314-59 very recently. Just started using 3 days ago. But I found whenever I put my pc on charge, it gets very much heated. Specially near the charging pin. Is it usual? Or any particular reason behind it?

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 19,634 Trailblazer
    It's not unusual, depending on the actual temperatures. Try running a temperature monitoring program like Core Temp or CPU-Z to see if it's affecting those sensors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HasibulHasibul Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    billsey said:
    It's not unusual, depending on the actual temperatures. Try running a temperature monitoring program like Core Temp or CPU-Z to see if it's affecting those sensors.
    Yes, it does. It goes past 90 degree. Normally it's around 45-70. What should I do now?
    There are three different modes that affect fan speed, Normal, Silent and Performance. The system uses a truth table to set the fan speed based on processor temperature with the speeds different between the three modes. I'm thinking you want to try the highest fan speed for temperature which is Performance mode (4200 RPM max). For comparison, Normal goes to 3800 and Silent only to 3000. I believe you use Fn-F to change modes with your model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    billsey said:
    There are three different modes that affect fan speed, Normal, Silent and Performance. The system uses a truth table to set the fan speed based on processor temperature with the speeds different between the three modes. I'm thinking you want to try the highest fan speed for temperature which is Performance mode (4200 RPM max). For comparison, Normal goes to 3800 and Silent only to 3000. I believe you use Fn-F to change modes with your model.
    Can't find how to do it? Can you please tell me how can I do it?
    Does the Fn-F not work?
    billsey said:
    Does the Fn-F not work?
    OH! Got it, thanks
    Which mode did you end up using?
    billsey said:
    Which mode did you end up using?
    I am using the Normal one. As most of the time I put my device on charge after I finished my day's work. So far so good for me.
    Good to know. :)