What drivers do you use for updates? From Acer or Windows update or? TC-885-UA92

Joebnc
Joebnc Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

What drivers do you use for updates? From Acer or Windows update or?

Had to do a clean install of Windows 10 due to blue screen issues, freezing, etc. Still having some freezing issues and from what I have read it is probably a driver issue.

Where do you download the drivers? I was using windows update until last night I downloaded Intel 10.1.1.42 which caused a crash 30 seconds after every restart. Was finally able to find it and roll it back. I also installed Intel 10.1.14.4 which I think is also an issue but cannot find it - not sure what it controls.

My 2 old Dell Insprions from 2011 (Pent I5 and now Windows 10) have never had an issue. I always would just update from Dell website and never had to rollback a driver, etc on either desktop. Not sure if I was just very lucky or the website recommendations are better. Acer has multiple updates for what seems to be the same thing (searched for using SSID). Confused..

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of your laptop, like AN5xx-xx and specify which driver you are trying to download, I would suggest you download and install drivers provided by Acer because these drivers are tailored to suit your system.
  • Joebnc
    Joebnc Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

TC-885-UA92

Trying to update whatever driver are necessary as I just did a clean install of windows.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Joebnc,

Check the dates to get the latest updated drivers.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Assuming you're using Windows 10, Windows Update automatically downloads and install the latest drivers for you. ... If you want the latest hardware drivers, be sure to go open Windows Update, check for updates, and install any available hardware driver updates.Nov 12, 2018
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Joebnc

There are several places to get the drivers:

1) Win 10 updates. As long as you  have not turn off automatic updates.

2) Since the motherboard chipset (B360) and CPU are from Intel. Run the Intel Driver and Support Assistant in your PC. Again, assuming you have not turn it off intentionally.

3) From Acer's web site ( you were there checked it out already).

4) If you use a dedicated graphics card, you can download drivers from the graphics card manufacturer's website.

I'll use the latest drivers if more than one version available.