Predator X34GS and Macbook PRO (USB C PROBLEM)

Options
BigBoss1234
BigBoss1234 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Monitors
Hello, 

I got my Predator about a week ago but I wasn't able to properly test it because of work. Today i decided to stay and work from home so i connected my MacBook pro 2018 to the monitor via USBC.
The monitor gave me a complete image but with very weak colors (almost no colors) after about 10 seconds the screen went to this ( https://ibb.co/F5rStvj ).

I then unplugged the usbc cable connected the laptop to the screen, brought in the laptop charger and connected the charger then the screen and it worked (perfectly, no weak colors) for about 2 hours when then it went back to this - > https://ibb.co/F5rStvj. I unplugged everything and messed with the cables and now it's working perfectly again. 

I guess its the USBC on the monitor that is having problems as i connect (via usbc) to a Samsung monitor at work and I never had an issue. I would very much try to fix the issue myself instead of sending back the monitor (because otherwise the screen does not have a single pixel issue).

Can anyone please help me?

Best Answer

• BigBoss1234
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok, I give up.

I am taking it back to the store. Hope the Acer team can do a better job in quality checks in the future. 

Answers

• BigBoss1234
    Options
    Anyone please help!
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    If you use a different source for video does it do it? (To isolate cable / screen / Mac os as the source :) )
  • BigBoss1234
    Options
    I tried connecting it via hdmi (dongle) and it works without issues, the resolution is messed up tho. I am pretty sure its the USBC in the monitor =(
  • BigBoss1234
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ok, I give up.

I am taking it back to the store. Hope the Acer team can do a better job in quality checks in the future.