Fan Noise - Concept D 100

Teleruin
Teleruin Member Posts: 4 New User
I just received my brand new Concept D 100. Desktop machine.   
I ordered it to record music, and this was marketed as a very silent machine <40db.  And this was the key point for me really.

But when I turn it on it is probably the noisiest machine I've ever had. The fan starts to make a lot of noise when I just doing nothing in windows, or installing programs....

Is it this way for all of you ? Or have I received a faulty product ?  Or is it some setting I can do to prevent this ?
In this state is unusable for me, I cannot have that kind of noise on my recordings.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Teleruin,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​

• Teleruin
    Easwar said:
    Hi Teleruin,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​

It is a desktop machine, not a laptop. So it does not really have any battery to drain.

• Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Teleruin said:
    I just received my brand new Concept D 100. Desktop machine.   
    I ordered it to record music, and this was marketed as a very silent machine <40db.  And this was the key point for me really.

But when I turn it on it is probably the noisiest machine I've ever had. The fan starts to make a lot of noise when I just doing nothing in windows, or installing programs....

Is it this way for all of you ? Or have I received a faulty product ?  Or is it some setting I can do to prevent this ?
    In this state is unusable for me, I cannot have that kind of noise on my recordings.

//Edited the content to add model name.

What are the temperatures of the CPU, GPU, HDD, and SSD? If the CPU and GPU are below 70 C, the SSD is below 60 C, and the HDD is below 50 C, then you can probably adjust the fans using a fan control software. If the SSD is overheating, then you can redirect the read and write operations to the HDD, which is actually an overall superior form of storage!
  • Teleruin
    The temperatures whene ideling in BIOS rosew up to around 62 or something I think....
    I ended upå returning the machine to the store, and planning to buy a swift 3 or something instead, since I know those are quiet.

The new Swift 3 with a 11370H processor even have higher clockspeed than the "Concept D" so I guess that it will be enough for my needs
  • Everythigndies1
    Everythigndies1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2021
    Teleruin, please let us know how you get on with quietness for music production.
    I have been looking for a decent quiet laptop for years for music recording.
    I tried Dell XPS and Razor and had to send both back immediately for their jet engine fan noise and/or coil whine noises even when idle.

I was holding out for the new ConceptD range as they advertise as being quiet.
  • @Teleruin What is the bios version?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Teleruin
    @egydiocoelho
    I don't know anymore.. I ended up returning it while I could. It was useless for me with that noise.. a shame tho since it seemed like a good machine otherwise.

@Everythigndies1
    I think I'll end up with an "Acer Swift 3 SF316-51 16,1" FHD 300 nits", I just wait till I can afford it.
    komplett.no/product/1181650/pc-nettbrett/pc-baerbar-laptop/alle-baerbare-pc-er/acer-swift-3-sf316-51-161-fhd-300-nits?q=swift%203%2016
    I know from earlier that Swift 3 machines are pretty quiet