acer predator orion 3000 po3-620 ram xmp profile

Options
xthedeku
xthedeku Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Predator Desktops
I've installed a new Memory ram ( 16gb led 2x8gb corsair vengeance 3200 mhz) on my pc
And sadly the speed is decreased to 2133
Why? How can I fix this, I don't mix the old ram with the new 
I removed the older

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,114 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    These modules have automatic overclocking feature, so they may start at 2133MHz but if your system needs higher frequency for the work you do, they will increase the frequency up to 3200MHz, I think that may be the reason because other users are using HyperX modules with XMP profiles getting 2993MHz frequency with 3200MHz modules(the speed restricted to 2933MHz by the CPU).

• xthedeku

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    These modules have automatic overclocking feature, so they may start at 2133MHz but if your system needs higher frequency for the work you do, they will increase the frequency up to 3200MHz, I think that may be the reason because other users are using HyperX modules with XMP profiles getting 2993MHz frequency with 3200MHz modules(the speed restricted to 2933MHz by the CPU).

No, the old ram was running on 2993 on desktop 😓 , but the New under stress is still running at 2133
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    It's is due to the XMP feature on the RAM. The base speed of the memory is 2133 and that is where it will run without using XMP overclocking. You should instead use the correct speed ram with a JEDEC profile.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @xthedeku

So this is the problem of mixing XMP and non-XMP RAM. Motherboard uses the lower speed, the base frequency of the XMP RAM.
  • xthedeku

Tinkerer

Options
    ttttt said:
    @xthedeku

So this is the problem of mixing XMP and non-XMP RAM. Motherboard uses the lower speed, the base frequency of the XMP RAM.
    ttttt said:
    @xthedeku

I didn't mix anything

• xthedeku

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    It's is due to the XMP feature on the RAM. The base speed of the memory is 2133 and that is where it will run without using XMP overclocking. You should instead use the correct speed ram with a JEDEC profile.
    billsey said:

How can I set the RAM speed in the BIOS with Acer predator Orion 3000 po3-620 

this is my question 
     I don't understand 
    any motherboard in the life run perfectly with corsair vengeance 3200 MHz
    what's the problem with Acer devices, why I can't change XMP profile in the motherboard bios like the other motherboards
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Your Acer doesn't support XMP, so XMP ram runs at the base speed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Perylorca
    Perylorca Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    xthedeku said:
    I've installed a new Memory ram ( 16gb led 2x8gb corsair vengeance 3200 mhz) on my pc
    And sadly the speed is decreased to 2133
    Why? How can I fix this, I don't mix the old ram with the new 
    I removed the older
    As conseguido saber algo yo estoy igual