SF314-55G doesn't boot or charge

stealthinator16
stealthinator16 Member Posts: 3 New User
Happened 4 days back. Yesterday a technician came and said it's due to dust and moisture. He just cleaned up the laptop and it started working but today again it's not charging or booting up.

Charging adapter is fine. Tried resetting the battery but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    @stealthinator16

Try to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet.   Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet. 

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi stealthinator16,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • stealthinator16
    stealthinator16 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi stealthinator16,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
    No! That’s why its very weird. When that technician had booted the laptop it was charging ok. So the charger is probably not at fault.

@Acer-William As i said I’ve already tried resetting the battery but it doesn’t work.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Your laptop is about the right age for dust build up to be an issue, so the technician likely wasn't out of line with his diagnosis. It's possible though that he either didn't go far enough in the diagnosis process once he found the dust or that something he did while cleaning it caused a further failure. What did he use to clear out the dust? Vacuum or blower? Did he open it up to clean or just suck/blow in the vents?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.