I want to upgrade my Acer R11 CB5 132 T

Options
travistee
travistee Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Chromebooks
I'm thinking about this one.  What will it do better.  It looks like the R11 is still available but has not changed if at all.
Should I bother to upgrade it?

Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-3H-K3WL Convertible Laptop, MediaTek MT8183C Octa-Core Processor, 11.6" HD Touchscreen, 4GB LPDDR4X, 32GB eMMC

Any other recommendations?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited June 2021
    Options
    travistee

Options to upgrade are very limited for this model.  Purchase an external hdd and connect it to laptop to access more storage.   

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Options
    travistee said:
    I'm thinking about this one.  What will it do better.  It looks like the R11 is still available but has not changed if at all.
    Should I bother to upgrade it?

Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-3H-K3WL Convertible Laptop, MediaTek MT8183C Octa-Core Processor, 11.6" HD Touchscreen, 4GB LPDDR4X, 32GB eMMC

Any other recommendations?

Big job to do what and how you want to nod it, its not worth the extra $$$'s get a new laptop. Best that you can do on your existing is what "Acer-William" has suggested..."Purchase an external hdd and connect it to laptop to access more storage"   

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi travistee,

Check for updates yourself

1. Turn on your Chromebook.
    2. Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
    3. At the bottom right, select the time.
    4. Select Settings .
    5. At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS.
    6. Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
    7. Select Check for updates.
    8. If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.
  • travistee
    travistee Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I found some more information on this R11 and the Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-3H-K3WL

The R11 will get Acer updates to the OS for one more year.
    The 
    Acer Chromebook Spin 311 CP311-3H-K3WL  will get updates for only two more years.

It doesn't seem fair for people to buy a new computer and then find out that is only being supported for
    one or two years.

The other reason for getting a new one is that the touch screen starts to get harder to use because
     it doesn't always react to touch as it should.

I got the Spin 311 for only $169 on a prime day sale.
    Since the R11 is still being sold with only cosmetic changes I should be able to sell it.