How to disable / enable active function keys Acer TC-895

pop91
pop91 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello,

I have an Acer TC-895 and have tried multiple times to try and disable the function keys (main problem on F2 linked to zzz mode). Current problem is that the enable / disable mode doesn't appear on the BIOS options.
Anyone has a solution for me?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    I never found a way and I also updated the bios. 

I'm using an old key board to prevent the FN requirement.  Like FN + F12 to get to the boot selections with the original keyboard but only F12 with the older keyboard so it seems to be tied to the keyboard not the bios ?? 

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    You can go to display, power and sleep, additional settings, and chose what power buttons do and turn off the "sleep button" . Good Luck.
  • Jeevan123
    Jeevan123 Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Hi Pop91 ,
     Follow the steps below to disable Fn keys in the BIOS.

1. Turn off the unit. When the unit is off completely, press the power to turn on the unit. Immediately keep on tapping the Delete key to enter the BIOS.
      2. Use the right-arrow or left-arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration option.
      3. Use the up-arrow or down-arrow keys to navigate to the Action Keys Mode option, and then press the "Enter" key to display the Enable / Disable menu.
      4. Select the desired mode.
      5. Press "F10" to save your settings and restart the computer and function key option will be Disabled, .

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Yes, it looks like they never enabled that in the BIOS. If it were available it might be hidden and a CTRL-S would allow it to be visible while in the BIOS, but I don't think that's available in the TC-895 BIOS. Easiest overall solution is to just use a different keyboard...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nnapstrebor
    nnapstrebor Member Posts: 2 New User

Have you tried pressing FN & Caps lock at the same time? If you're talking about what I think you are, this will work.

• 🤣😂I wonder why you have NO LIKES haven't you figure it out yet "fugadug"???🙃🙄 Cheers and keep trying as you will get there.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,447 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023

Keep making things up fugadug as that must make you happy😀but then don't complain when you are being ignored, as its amazing that you still haven't realized about what your attitude is like, lets be nice, remember what the Acer community agreement is😀