Which thickness HDD slot does the Aspire 7 A715-42G-R20C have?

Callistemon
Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
There are support articles on how to access the HDD slots of various models, but nowhere specifies the thickness of the HDD slot for this model. Since it does not come with an HDD, it is not possible to identify the thickness by looking at images of the provided HDD in professional reviews, and then checking the model number of the HDD.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    There's no HDD bay in this model, you can only upgrade the M.2 SSD to a larger drive or use an external HDD.

• Callistemon
    Thank you, I didn't realize it did not have an HDD slot. I just assumed it did have one since the Aspire 5 does. I wanted an HDD not for the extra capacity at a low cost, but for storing files since SSDs are susceptible to 122,070,312 times more corruption and damage on unexpected power loss during write operations than HDDs (4,096 bytes for Advanced Format versus 500,000,000,000 bytes for a 500 GB SSD).
  • Callistemon
    Platters have had power loss protection for 24 years (US Patent 6025968). Even the best SSDs with super-capacitors are still vulnerable to corruption on power loss. I prefer spindles. Any ideas when a newer version of the 15.6" Spin will become available, if ever?