how can i turn my acer aspire xc 830 i need answers ASAP.

Yourbestfriend
Yourbestfriend Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

how can i turn my acer aspire xc 830 into a gaming pc? Give me tips and good parts for this desktop pc to turn it into a gaming pc.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    You can upgrade with a GT1030 and 8GB of RAM dual-channel.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Yourbestfriend

Tinkerer

whjat else can i do cpu wise

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    The cpu is soldered so you can't upgrade it.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Yourbestfriend

Tinkerer

ok thanks.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    how can i turn my acer aspire xc 830 into a gaming pc? Give me tips and good parts for this desktop pc to turn it into a gaming pc.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

The XC-830 is an Acer type desktop that is pretty restricted to upgrades, you can upgrade the memory and disk drives but that is as far as I would go. The power supply is restricted and the mobo is also specific to these models. You would be much better off getting and/or building a proper gaming platform from scratch. 

• Yourbestfriend

Tinkerer

can i put a geforce gt 1030 in it

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Very likely, no. The XC-830 came with a 65W power adapter and the XC-830G came with a 90W power adapter. The difference between those two is what was available for powering the GPU. A GT 1030 uses more than 25W of power, so will in all likelihood not work, even if you switch to the larger supply.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Yourbestfriend

Your PC was not designed to be a gaming machine. Even if you stretch to the hardware limits, you will still be unhappy with its performance for games, particularly the modern high demanding games. I would suggest saving up the money and get a new and decent gaming machine. Probably something close to USD $800-$1000 range. If you can build PC yourself, maybe you can cut the cost by $100 or so.
  • Angler
    Angler Member Posts: 3 New User
    hi
    I am new to acer community, could anyone advise on the maximum memory for Acer aspire XC-830 tried contacting acer to no avail and been getting conflicting answers on the internet I have 8gig at the moment 0f 1Rx16  PC4 3200AA -SCO-11
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Angler, it's best to start a new thread with your question, since yours is quite different than the one this old thread is for. Include the full model number, your question and anything you have done so far to attempt a solution. The XC-830 is an older model that is supposed to use 2400MHz memory, not 3200. Are you sure you're giving the right model number? The full model number is usually on the sticker than contains the SN and SNID.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.