[Aspire 7 A715-41G] CPU Temperature, fan speed

Kristers
Kristers Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,

While playing the game, the temperatures shown in the picture are within normal limits? The right side of the laptop cools well, but it stays very hot from the middle to the left. 
GeForce Expierence and MSI Afterburner dont show CPU fan speed. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Under heavy CPU and discrete GPU intensive gaming loads, anything below about 94*C is considered normal for these new laptops.

Jack E/NJ

• Kristers

Tinkerer

Thanks for the picture. I do not think that at CPU usage from 30 to 40% should be the temperature of 85-90.

I got a bluescreen 2 times today. I played the game, then appeared on the bluescreen and in the next window "No bootable device".
  • JackE
    >>> CPU usage from 30 to 40% should be the temperature of 85-90.>>>

What about the discrete GPU temperature? It's doing all the video gruntwork, NOT the CPU and its integrated GPU.

>>>I played the game, then appeared on the bluescreen and in the next window "No bootable device".>>>

If you got a bluescreen while playing the game, the SSD was already booted into and loaded Windows. The "no bootable device" error should only be displayed by the BIOS upon re-booting or re-starting the machine. Not in the next Window after a bluescreen. Please explain?

Jack E/NJ

• Kristers

Tinkerer

That is exactly what happened. Bluescreen> (5 ~ sec) > new window with "no bootable device". 
  • JackE
    >>> (5 ~ sec) >>>

OK. Sounds like It tried to re-boot itself but SSD was still busy. Does SSD still boot OK when you first turn it on or when you re-start?

Jack E/NJ

• Kristers

Tinkerer

Sorry, there had to be 2 sec. :D After that, the computer turns on very slowly, but there are no other problems. When the computer is cold, the start-up time is around 2sec.
    I have been instructed to save the error information in the event of a system error, but cannot find it.
  • Kristers

Tinkerer

I found error. 

02:56:26 6008
    The previous system shutdown at 02:17:34 on ‎21.‎06.‎2021 was unexpected.

02:56:26 6009
    Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 10.00. 19043  Multiprocessor Free.

02:56:26 6013
    The system uptime is 56 seconds.

• JackE
    >>>When the computer is cold, the start-up time is around 2sec.>>>

Unexpected shutdown doesn't mean much. Possibly a safety interlock switch on the mainboard isn't properly aligned with the bottom cover. Try snug the screws up on the bottom cover just in case some are a bit loose. But don't overtighten.

Then open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup if not already unchecked. Shutdown Windows normally. Then turn it back on.

Play games again to see what happens.

Jack E/NJ

• Kristers

Tinkerer

No changes.
    I'm sure my processor overheats. Judging by the sound, the fans are working too slowly. Due to the heat, the operation of the processor is limited and I get lags in the game. Thanks ACER, we can't adjust the fan power. :)
    I bought a laptop cooler and no longer get the bluescreen, but the processor at low load is too hot to be able to give more power ...
  • JackE
    Why don't you actually measure the temps & speeds using one of the dozens of decent temperature and fan monitor freeware? Instead of guessing at them by what you think the fans should sound like? You also might be able to tweak the speed with SpeedFan software but no guarantees.

Jack E/NJ

• Kristers

Tinkerer

No one software displays fan data.

I've tried GeForce Expierence, MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, Speedfan
  • JackE
    What do you mean? You seem worried about temperatures based on how the fan speeds sound too low? Hwinfo freeware and many others actually display CPU and GPU temperatures very well. Why do you seem reluctant to use the freeware to actually see what the temperatures are? You seem to prefer guessing the temperatures are too high because the fan speed sounds too low? 

Jack E/NJ