Second monitor gets green pixels on screen [Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-59FF]

Options
Derekchess
Derekchess Member Posts: 2 New User
Yesterday I bought  the  Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-59FF laptop and suddenly my Samsung HDMI input montitor gets green dancing pixels. I tested this with my old laptop, but there is no problem with this. For clarrification I uploaded a picture. How can I fix this? I use a HDMI Premium High Speed to convert the signal to the extra monitor.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Derekchess,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• Derekchess
    Derekchess Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Easwar,

I did try your solution but it did not help. It seems like some pixels aren't rendering. I think I got the problem. I can remove it by touching the the cable upwards. There this new laptop has a slightly bigger HDMI gate than the old one, in here the  freedom of movement is bigger. 
    I solved the problem by changing the cable to my Nintendo Switch HDMI cable (has a lower speed but is slightly bigger) and I got no more bugging pixels. But I'm not sure if this solves the problem or if this a coincedence.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    Derekchess

It is a cable issue.  Try to use a alternative cable and check it.   If you are using any usb hub, bypass it and try to connect it directly from laptop to monitor.  

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★