LAPTOP SUDDENLY TURNING OFF - Predator PH315-35-527E

Options
HABIBrellores
HABIBrellores Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
My laptop suddenly shutdown with no apparent reason, I wasn't overheating nor was I plugged in, laptop works when I plug in the charger, battery is stuck at 95% and the moment I take off the charger laptop shuts off, I've checked care center on my laptop and ran a hardware scan and it says that battery is healthy, I ran tried running an update but it says my driver is up to date, It's only been a few days since I got this laptop factory new and this is the only issue I have please help me.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answer

• HABIBrellores

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Easwar

thank you so much for all your help and suggestions, I have fixed it. I've checked every possible software check on the battery's condition may that be calibration, defaulting of power plan, scan for hardware change, built in care center diagnostics and every possible driver update and then I finally decided to open the laptop and take the battery out and I saw that there was absolutely no damage at least on the outside so I did the basic 30 power button press to discharge the laptop and put everything back where it should and now it has opened even without the charger. jesus christ I was worried for nothing

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @HABIBrellores

Since your PC is new, it should not act this way. Contact for return/ exchange or repair. Do not try to open up the PC and fix yourself to void the warranty.
  • HABIBrellores

Tinkerer

Options
    @tttttI bought it from a well respected online store here in the Philippines, I have already done my own ram upgrade but by no means did I touch anything else thereafter or during the process, it was working fine for almost a week till this afternoon when I left it on sleep since I was off to cook lunch. After I came back I checked the temps on predator sense since it was running the whole time and everything was normal with the peak temperature reaching only 60 Degrees Celsius, soon after this I went and ran fallout 4 with the temps peaking at 80 Degrees Celsius or so... then suddenly it just went off and unless the charger is plugged in it doesn't seem to wanna turn on, I've tried contacting acer support about this but to no avail, I've also contacted the online store where I bought it and advised me to charge the laptop for a long time and nothing else.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi HABIBrellores,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• HABIBrellores

Tinkerer

Options
    @Easwar Predator PH315-35-527E
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi HABIBrellores,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.

5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • HABIBrellores

Tinkerer

Options
    @Easwar this is one of the first steps that I did yesterday to try and fix the battery, do you think I should uninstall it then reinstall it from microsoft catalog manually?
  • HABIBrellores

Tinkerer

Options
    @Easwar if so which of these drivers should I get?
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi HABIBrellores,

It's looks like you entered into microsoft battery drivers page. I suggested you to update it from acer website below,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/drivers 
  • HABIBrellores

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Easwar

thank you so much for all your help and suggestions, I have fixed it. I've checked every possible software check on the battery's condition may that be calibration, defaulting of power plan, scan for hardware change, built in care center diagnostics and every possible driver update and then I finally decided to open the laptop and take the battery out and I saw that there was absolutely no damage at least on the outside so I did the basic 30 power button press to discharge the laptop and put everything back where it should and now it has opened even without the charger. jesus christ I was worried for nothing
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi HABIBrellores,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​