any recommend Display Port to HDMI active adapter (Laptop: Nitro AN515-51)(Monitor:QG241)

Options
san1997
san1997 Member Posts: 1 New User
Actually for this monitor DP port is 165Hz, but my monitor dun have the DP port, so may I ask in the market do Acer has any DP to HDMI active adapter recommend to the customer.
Means all DP to HDMI active adaptor is it able to achieve DP performance (165Hz)? or will remain HDMI performance (144Hz)?  

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Converting to HDMI will only support HDMI features...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @san1997

Don't know if I understand your question correctly.

It seemed odd that your DP has 165 Hz. So, it must be 2560 x 1440 at 165 Hz, requiring data rate of 16.3 Gbit/s. I believe you can get a DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0 cable ( don't need adapter). That 16.3 G bit/s is within the capabilities of the HDMI 2.0 standard. That kind of cable is less than US $20.

I just bought this kind of DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0 cable for my new PC last month to connect DP output from the PC to my 4K TV, working fine!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    @ttttt, you're a little backwards there. His monitor only has HDMI. The 165Hz number is when fully overclocked (120Hz or 145Hz normally), and is what the Nitro laptop supports. The HDMI on the monitor is 75Hz max at 1080p...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Billsey,

Isn't it a situation that a cable can solve the issue?