What’s happened? Aspire Z5771 Fan works but won’t turn on.

AlCook
AlCook Member Posts: 9 New User
I recently upgraded the ram in my Z5771. I rebooted it and it recognised the ram and it worked perfectly. It updated and rebooted then turned off. No light on the power button, fan is working on a fast speed and nothing on the monitor. I have done a bios clear, changed the RAM back but nothing apart from just the fan working. There are no beeps not even a flicker on the screen. What’s happening? 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    AlCook

Try these basic steps as you are using a Acer PC. 

Turn off the computer.
    Unplug all the devices and cables including power cable. 
    Press and hold the power button for 45 seconds. 
    Connect all the cables back.    Please connect the power cable as the last one.  

Turn on the computer
    Tap del 
    Go to bios
    press f9 - Load defaults - press yes
    press f10 - save the changes - press yes

Computer should load the windows

If it is still not working, try to remove the new ram and use the old ram and check it.   

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• AlCook
    Will have a go when I get home. The computer belongs to the “Long Haired Area Commander” and she’s not pleased. Lol many thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Yeah, you really have to pay attention to the LHAC... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlCook
    It didn’t work😩
  • billsey
    In what way didn't it work? Were you able to enter the BIOS at all?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AlCook
    Exactly the same as before, fan goes on, no beeps and blank screen. 
  • billsey
    OK, so disconnecting everything then pressing the power button for a long time should have bled any residual power from the motherboard, giving you a blank canvas for the reboot. Since that didn't work the easy stuff will not get us going again. :( Do you have access to a monitor you could try plugging into the HDMI-Out port? If the display is having issues, an external might help show what's going on.
  • AlCook
    Ok, will try that. Didn’t think of that before.
  • billsey
    Let us know what you find...
  • AlCook
    billsey said:
    Let us know what you find...
    Still nothing
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    AlCook said:
    I recently upgraded the ram in my Z5771. I rebooted it and it recognised the ram and it worked perfectly. It updated and rebooted then turned off. No light on the power button, fan is working on a fast speed and nothing on the monitor. I have done a bios clear, changed the RAM back but nothing apart from just the fan working. There are no beeps not even a flicker on the screen. What’s happening? 

Also its most probably could be that you have upgraded to the wrong type RAM that is not compatible with your AIO. What RAM modules did you update to? As the Z5771 takes the DDR3-1333 MHz SO-DIMM max and its best to do a scan of the memory and drives from this Crucial link that will tell you exactly what type of memory and drives upgrade your Aspire Z5771 can have. 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi AlCook,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.
  • AlCook
    still the same thing. Think it needs to be chucked out. 
  • billsey
    Since yours is old enough it's ... shall we say, off warranty? 2nd or 3rd gen processor and they're on 11th gen this year? :) time to look into an upgrade, even a used system from four or five years ago is going to be much faster than this one.
  • AlCook
    billsey said:
    Since yours is old enough it's ... shall we say, off warranty? 2nd or 3rd gen processor and they're on 11th gen this year? :) time to look into an upgrade, even a used system from four or five years ago is going to be much faster than this one.
    Already done.