DVD drive for Acer Aspire 3 A317 -52-366Y

jonass
jonass Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops

Model: A317-52-366Y

Part Number: NX.HZWAA.00B

This model comes with a DVD drive that was removed from the optical bay and accidentally damaged beyond repair. What I'm looking for is the part numbers (and a source, but the part information matters more) for what it seems I would need to replace the DVD drive.

Specifically:

- DVD writer

- optical drive bezel

- optical drive bracket

If someone has a parts list for this model, that would be helpful. If that's not available then I would at least appreciate having the part numbers I need provided.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Bracket = 33.HEKN2.003
    Bezel = 42.HEKN2.001
    Ribbon Cable = 50.HEKN2.004
    DVD R/W Phillips or LiteOn = KO.0080F.013 --- Or --- LG SuperMultiDrive = KO.0080D.019

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Bracket = 33.HEKN2.003
    Bezel = 42.HEKN2.001
    DVD R/W Phillips or LiteOn = KO.0080F.013 --- Or --- LG SuperMultiDrive = KO.0080D.019

Jack E/NJ

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,157 Pathfinder
    jonass

You can also purchase a external usb optical drive.     Simply connect it to any computer you want and start using it.      You can purchase a usb external dvd writer.   

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• jonass
    JackE said:
    Bracket = 33.HEKN2.003
    Bezel = 42.HEKN2.001

That's fantastic, thank you for such a quick response!

Do you have any suggestions for a source in North America? I'm in Canada but either here or the US would be fine.

Thanks again!
  • jonass
    jonass

You can also purchase a external usb optical drive.     Simply connect it to any computer you want and start using it.      You can purchase a usb external dvd writer.   

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Yes, there is that option. Unfortunately, the laptop is used by doctors who move between treatment rooms very frequently and this system was bought specifically because it had the optical drive internally so we're trying to maintain that functionality. Thank you for that suggestion, though, I appreciate it.
  • JackE
    No preferred vendors for DVDs. Best to google the part nos. from your location for vendors who'll likely ship to your location. If you're not too fussy about getting what ACER originally  used for a DVD R/W, just about any universal internal laptop drive kit should fit and work just fine though the bezels might not match the cosmetic decor

Jack E/NJ