Additional 4GB RAM for my ACER ZC-700 cannot detect at DIMM2

marsupan
marsupan Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I bought Crucial 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz (PC3L-12800S) Laptop RAM Unbuffered SODIMM 204-Pin Memory - CT51264BF160B as an additional RAM for my ACER ZC-700 all in one PC, unfortunately when i installed at DIMM2 with the existing RAM SK hynix 4GB 1Rx8 PC3L-12800S HMT451S6BFR8A-PB NO AC 1543 it did not run (no display HD and Power indication lit) when i tried single RAM with new RAM it works but together it doesn't. What do you think the problem? Pls. help. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Give this a try, install both RAM modules, go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, press F9 button to set the values to default, press F10 to Save & Exit.
  • marsupan

Tinkerer

Hi,
    Give this a try, install both RAM modules, go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, press F9 button to set the values to default, press F10 to Save & Exit.
    Thanks I'll try later
  • marsupan

Tinkerer

marsupan said:
    Hi,
    Thanks I'll try later
    I tried but the problem i cannot enter or procced to Bios menu, tried to press esc, delete still cannot enter bios menu, is there any jumper to reset the bios? or maybe old and new ram must be same brand and model?  
  • brummyfan2
    marsupan said:
    marsupan said:
    Hi,
    Thanks I'll try later
    I tried but the problem i cannot enter or procced to Bios menu, tried to press esc, delete still cannot enter bios menu, is there any jumper to reset the bios? or maybe old and new ram must be same brand and model?  
    You could try taking off the CMOS battery, leave the PC to rest for a while then reinsert the battery to reset the BIOS.
  • marsupan

Tinkerer

marsupan said:
    marsupan said:
    Hi,
    Thanks I'll try later
    You could try taking off the CMOS battery, leave the PC to rest for a while then reinsert the battery to reset the BIOS.
    okay ill try thanks 
  • marsupan

Tinkerer

marsupan said:
    marsupan said:
    marsupan said:
    Hi,
    Thanks I'll try later
    okay ill try thanks 
    after checking remove the battery for 5 minutes insert 2 RAM then still only HDD and power indication lit did not goes to bios, remove 1 RAM test again it goes to Bios to set up date etc ..press F9 and F10 goes to windows. I've already contacted the seller of Crucial 4GB ram that i will return and get 8GB instead, no feedback yet  
  • brummyfan2
    marsupan said:
    marsupan said:
    marsupan said:
    marsupan said:
    Hi,
    Thanks I'll try later
    okay ill try thanks 
    after checking remove the battery for 5 minutes insert 2 RAM then still only HDD and power indication lit did not goes to bios, remove 1 RAM test again it goes to Bios to set up date etc ..press F9 and F10 goes to windows. I've already contacted the seller of Crucial 4GB ram that i will return and get 8GB instead, no feedback yet  
    Yes, that's correct action, Crucial module may be faulty.