Why is there no battery charge limit option in A514-53G latest acer care center?

Godzilla69
Godzilla69 Member Posts: 7 New User
Laptop A514-53G
Acer care center latest
Bios version when bought is 1.16 tho the latest one in the website is 1.13 :l
And still why is there no battery charge limit option?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Like the rest of us, keep checking for updates. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Godzilla69
    edited June 2021
    JackE said:
    Like the rest of us, keep checking for updates. Jack E/NJ
    Do you owned a A514-53g too? Whats ur bios version?

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    as far as i know, only lenovo has such an option. to be honest, i dont think it is worth it.
  • Godzilla69
    rich1974 said:
    as far as i know, only lenovo has such an option. to be honest, i dont think it is worth it.
    Cmon, asus lenovo hp dell and acer(on some model) have that option :/
  • rich1974
    no argue with that, but you know, it might be a built-in feature. i mean, even if you see that the battery is full, in fact, it might be 80-85%, who knows!
    anyway,  as you can see, when the battery is full, the battery stops charging. you can notice that by touching the charger. while charging, the brick is warmer that while battery is full. you can check this with batteryinfoview app.
  • Godzilla69
    rich1974 said:
    no argue with that, but you know, it might be a built-in feature. i mean, even if you see that the battery is full, in fact, it might be 80-85%, who knows!
    anyway,  as you can see, when the battery is full, the battery stops charging. you can notice that by touching the charger. while charging, the brick is warmer that while battery is full. you can check this with batteryinfoview app.
    I hope it works like that, but if it is why dont they implement it too on other models :l. And if the battery full capacity is 100% and keeping it on 100% all the time while charging wont be a good thing for the battery(from what I've read).
  • rich1974
    while battery is full, it does not take any current flow. otherwise, it will explode.
  • JackE
    edited June 2021
    ACER CareCtr and/or QuickAccess have this feature for only a few models so far. As rich1974   implied, it is little more than a feel good option that has questionable value wrt battery health despite claims made by some. The embedded charge controller hardware encapsulated in the battery itself is arguably more important than any external software feature designed to force the battery to stop/start charging at random user controlled set points. Nonethess, as mentioned earlier, if you feel the need to control charge outside the limits built into the battery then keep checking for updates on your model.

Jack E/NJ

• rich1974
    pictures that prove that battery stops receiving any current flow after 100% charge.
  • Godzilla69
    edited June 2021
    rich1974 said:
    pictures that prove that battery stops receiving any current flow after 100% charge.
    Well even if it stops charging, battery kept at near 100% or 0% is bad. I hope they would add the limit feature in the future for this model :"(
  • JackE
    edited June 2021
    Embedded battery controller and Windows automatically shuts down system below a critical charge level between 5-7%. Windows usually gives a warning to plug in battery at 10% charge level. Cycling a battery is usually good for maintaining design capacities especially when new. But a battery kept at or just below 100% is not harmful.

Jack E/NJ

• Godzilla69
    JackE said:
    Embedded battery controller and Windows automatically shuts down system below a critical charge level between 5-7%. Windows usually gives a warning to plug in battery at 10% charge level. Cycling a battery is usually good for maintaining design capacities especially when new. But a battery kept at or just below 100% is not harmful.
    But at least, keeping it at near 50% is better than keeping it at 100% right
  • rich1974
    maybe, but in the moment when you want to take the laptop with you, you will have a laptop with 50% battery instead of 100%.
  • JackE
    >>>But at least, keeping it at near 50% is better than keeping it at 100% right>>>

No.

Jack E/NJ