Nitro 5 AN515-43 Touchpad not working after few updates.Cursor dont show on until USB mouse connect

MRJACKSON90
MRJACKSON90 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming
The touchpad on my laptop is not working after a few updates. The cursor doesnt show on the screen unless I put a usb mouse in the laptop. 

I did spill a drink on the touchpad around 2 weeks ago but it was cleaned and dried, and had been working up until a couple of days ago. 

Ive uninstalled the drivers etc and somehow this morning the touchpad started working again. however when turned off the laptop and on again to use it later, it doesnt work again 

I updated the bios also and theres no option for the touchpad in there. 

Any ideas?
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi MRJACKSON90,

# Try to update the keyboard driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option keyboard driver.
    4. Under the title keyboard driver.
    ​​
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title keyboard  driver.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    MRJACKSON90

You can find the touchpad symbol on f6 or f7 key on keyboard.     It  is a symbol which shows the fingers on a hand.    On some computers it is on f6 key and on some models it is on f7 key.     It is used to enable or disable the touchpad.  

Please try holding the fn key on keyboard and press f6 .    If it is not working simply press only the f6 without holding the fn key.   If it is still not working press and hold the fn key on keyboard and press f7.    If it is not working simply press f7 without holding fn key.

On some models you can see the touchpad key right next to touchpad  or next to power button.    You just need to press it to enable or disable it. 

If it is still not working you might have to do a system restore.     Try holding the windows key and x on keyboard.   On the menu -  chose command admin or power shell admin.  Click yes and on the blue window type rstrui.   It will start the system restore .   Please chose the date and try to restore the computer to an earlier date on which it was working fine.. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• MRJACKSON90
    MRJACKSON90

You can find the touchpad symbol on f6 or f7 key on keyboard.     It  is a symbol which shows the fingers on a hand.    On some computers it is on f6 key and on some models it is on f7 key.     It is used to enable or disable the touchpad.  

Please try holding the fn key on keyboard and press f6 .    If it is not working simply press only the f6 without holding the fn key.   If it is still not working press and hold the fn key on keyboard and press f7.    If it is not working simply press f7 without holding fn key.

On some models you can see the touchpad key right next to touchpad  or next to power button.    You just need to press it to enable or disable it. 

If it is still not working you might have to do a system restore.     Try holding the windows key and x on keyboard.   On the menu -  chose command admin or power shell admin.  Click yes and on the blue window type rstrui.   It will start the system restore .   Please chose the date and try to restore the computer to an earlier date on which it was working fine.. 

Ive tried this (Fn and F7 Key) the keys work but it does nothing for the touchpad

i have also reset windows on the laptop which hasnt helped

• MRJACKSON90
    MRJACKSON90

Ive tried this (Fn and F7 Key) the keys work but it does nothing for the touchpad

i have also reset windows on the system and installed the updates and it still doesn't work

• Easwar
    Answer ✓
    Hi MRJACKSON90,

# Try to update the keyboard driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option keyboard driver.
    4. Under the title keyboard driver.
    ​​
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title keyboard  driver.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • MRJACKSON90
    I managed to get it working by reseting the whole system, until this morning I noticed windows update had a Elan driver update for the touchpad. I updated this and it stopped working again. I rolled back the driver and got it working, looks like it's a driver issue 

• Easwar
    Hi MRJACKSON90,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​
  • emathis
    emathis Member Posts: 1 New User
    i had this issues today and none of the seen solutions worked for me, what ended up solving the problem was

windows
    settings
    windows update
    advanced options
    optional updates

it ended up showing me a driver update i was unable to view anywhere else, after the update it worked again
  • dulic93
    dulic93 Member Posts: 23 Networker
    I have the same problem, today my windows are upadte automaticly. The problem is that my touch pad is not working. I keep pushing Fn+F7 but noting. Does anybody have solution?
  • dulic93
    I solved the problem with upade windows. Now, now questio, is it possible to dissable all update on setting? I dissable max for 5 weeks and after that, the win11 upadte automatikly something. Thx
  • dulic93
    Can't belived. I have the same problem again. My touchpad stop worked after last update, whats going on??? Is any solution for this? Fn+F7 not working. I restart my laptop but nothing...Pls help
  • dulic93 said:
    I solved the problem with upade windows. Now, now questio, is it possible to dissable all update on setting? I dissable max for 5 weeks and after that, the win11 upadte automatikly something. Thx
    I disable windows update in task manager.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Niksonang
    Niksonang Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everybody,

What did worked out for me was:

1. Restart PC and enter BIOS (F2)
    2. Go to Main tab and while there hit CTRL + S
    3. You will see Touchpad showing there I2C - change it to PS2
    4. Save and exit!

Hope this helps, all the best :-)

This discussion has been closed.