Predator Orion 9000 (PO9-920) - really poor performance in video games

Options
jacksonville
jacksonville Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I just bought the newest Predator Orion 9000 (PO9-920) and unfortunately I'm a little disappointed. I play on Full HD and I'm getting around 120 fps in Warzone on Ultra settings (similar fps on Low settings). And I don't get more than 120 fps in Rust as well.

In Kingdom Come I get 40-60 fps in the main town (Rattay) on High settings (not ultra). These are similar fps I got on my old PC with GTX 1060 and old Intel i5 processor, this is really weird for me...

My specs:

- RTX 3090 (driver 466.77 - newest)

- Intel Core i9-10980XE @ 3.00GHz

- 96 GB RAM

- 1920 x 1080, 144Hz

I was hoping I will be getting at least stable 144 Hz in Warzone and Rust on High settings with this PC, but I don't ever get 144 :(

I want to play Kingdom Come with stable 90 fps as well.

I think this PC should have way better results, as I'm playing on a 1920x1080 resolution, not 4K. I paid 7500 usd for it and I really want it to deliver. 

Please help me Acer forums.

Any suggestions what should I do to bring those fps up? Thank you in advance.

Answers

• jacksonville
    jacksonville Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/nnst1r/acer_predator_orion_9000_heavily_underperforming

This is a post I made on reddit, they told me to enable XMP but it's greyed out in BIOS and I can't enable it.

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    What memory did you put in when upgrading to the 96GB? If you bought XMP memory then you will have to enable XMP overclocking to get the proper speed. My guess is you bought 64GB of XMP and added it to 32GB of normal JEDEC memory. The XMP will be disabled because not all memory is XMP, the XMP memory will run at it's base speed (likely 2133) and the regular memory will be down-clocked to match the XMP memory at 2133. IIRC the stock memory is 2933 JEDEC, so the added memory either should also be 2933 or you should switch to all XMP and overclock it to the 3200-3600 range.
    Now, if my surmises were correct what you might try is swapping out the original 32GB and try running on just the 64GB, then turn XMP overclocking and see what your performance looks like at 3200MHz+. If the performance is decent there, then sell the old 2933MHz memory and replace it with some more XMP. You could do just the 32GB or max things out with another 64GB. If the performance with just the 64GB of XMP running with overclocking is still poor then I'm likely all wet and we'll want to drill down more on what's actually going wrong. Your system has plenty of horsepower to drive games much faster than you are experiencing.
    The other thing that you don't mention is your drive... Is it a HDD or an SSD? If it's an SSD is it NVMe x4 or NVMe x2? If it's a HDD then a fair amount of your problem might be just in disk accesses, and a SSD is called for (preferably an NVMe x4 M.2 drive).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.