Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G laptop won’t turn on

MiniMystic
MiniMystic Member Posts: 2 New User
It worked fine this morning and I came back and it won’t turn on. I had it for 1 year. I charged it and there’s a blue light but the yellow light won’t come on and it won’t start up just a black screen no keyboard light either. Help please. Give me buttons to press or is there a battery keyhole I put a paper clip in. I really don’t want to open up my laptop. Thanks

Answers

• MiniMystic
    MiniMystic Member Posts: 2 New User
    Also I read some things and maybe my keyboard is broke? (Because there are lights on, but my power button won’t work or any F keyboard combinations). Also my laptop over heats a lot cause I run lots of tabs😬.  And people are saying some new update is causing hardware problems?
    Hope this helps you help me.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Unplug charger. All LEDs must be dark. Insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom of machine for 60 seconds. Then plug charger back in but wait for the battery charge LED to turn from steady yellow/orange to steady blue. If battery charge LED remains dark then the battery or charger has failed. If the battery charge LED turns steady blue, then try to turn the machine on again.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi MiniMystic,

Did you try T/S said by JackE. Is there any update. 
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,157 Pathfinder
    edited June 2021
    MiniMystic

Without opening the laptop we will try to help you..   Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★