How to to troubleshoot bluescreen error in windows 10?

Options
Mayurresh
Mayurresh Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
I have a windows 10 acer laptop which is showing me a bluescreen error
If there is anyway to troubleshoot it without losing my apps and files

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    It should have an error code when it blue screens , usually at the bottom in capital letters or something like 0x021F at the bottom. That's how we would troubleshoot . Let us know what that is and we wil try to have a nosey
  • Mayurresh
    Options
    Leostat said:
    It should have an error code when it blue screens , usually at the bottom in capital letters or something like 0x021F at the bottom. That's how we would troubleshoot . Let us know what that is and we wil try to have a nosey
    recently I installed an app which is cracked
    after some times of the installation, my pc entered into bluescreen ,and it was an enlarged shape so the Qr code and the error codes are partially hidden and it was look like how bluescreen error apper on a monitor which was damaged
    the next day i do my works in my pc without running that app and that day also the bluescreen error appeared 
    this is repeating me for 3 days including today
  • Leostat
    Options
    What application? It could have had some malware in with it which is messing up the system. In the event viewer is there the event log for the blue screen under the system log?
  • Mayurresh
    Options
    Mayurresh said:
    Leostat said:
    recently I installed an app which is cracked
    after some times of the installation, my pc entered into bluescreen ,and it was an enlarged shape so the Qr code and the error codes are partially hidden and it was look like how bluescreen error apper on a monitor which was damaged
    the next day i do my works in my pc without running that app and that day also the bluescreen error appeared 
    this is repeating me for 3 days including today
    the bluescreen look likes below.
  • Leostat
    Options
    Check the even log to see if there is anything in there. The code may be written to the log as the last thing before the kernel boot log under system

But given even the blue screen is foobard , a re install of Windows is probably the best bet, to be honest I've never seen a blue screen do that

• Mayurresh
    Options
    Leostat said:
    What application? It could have had some malware in with it which is messing up the system. In the event viewer is there the event log for the blue screen under the system log?

no there is no such like log
    i encountered the above bluescreen error today
  • Mayurresh
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Check the even log to see if there is anything in there. The code may be written to the log as the last thing before the kernel boot log under system

But given even the blue screen is foobard , a re install of Windows is probably the best bet, to be honest I've never seen a blue screen do that

i did not find that log 
    i will try to reinstall windows
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Mayurresh,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Mayurresh
    Options
    how to check T/S
    what do you mean by it
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi Mayurresh,

Sorry T/S means troubleshoot. Is there any update. 
  • Mayurresh
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Mayurresh,

Sorry T/S means troubleshoot. Is there any update. 
    No there is no such like options
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi Mayurresh,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• Mayurresh
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Mayurresh,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

it's working
    Thankyou.
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi Mayurresh,

Good to know thanks for updating us back.