Acer Nitro 5 question about power supply

MichelKesinMichelKesin Member Posts: 2 New User

So I recently got a Nitro 5 for college. I was wondering if using the laptop while it’s charging draws power from the battery or if it uses AC power exclusively as long as it detects it’s plugged in. My old laptop took power from my battery which killed the health and resulted in me disconnecting the battery to play games. Do I need to be concerned about using the N5 heavily while it’s charging?

Best Answer

• MichelKesinMichelKesin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Accepted Answer

So I recently got a Nitro 5 for college. I was wondering if using the laptop while it’s charging draws power from the battery or if it uses AC power exclusively as long as it detects it’s plugged in. My old laptop took power from my battery which killed the health and resulted in me disconnecting the battery to play games. Do I need to be concerned about using the N5 heavily while it’s charging?routerlogin

issue got solved

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat ACE Posts: 2,029 Pathfinder
    It pulls from AC when possible, but dips into the battery to add extra juice when needed
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post!  I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 

Want to know if your PC supports Windows 11? Check out the offical Health Check tool :Dhttps://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
  • MichelKesinMichelKesin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Accepted Answer

So I recently got a Nitro 5 for college. I was wondering if using the laptop while it’s charging draws power from the battery or if it uses AC power exclusively as long as it detects it’s plugged in. My old laptop took power from my battery which killed the health and resulted in me disconnecting the battery to play games. Do I need to be concerned about using the N5 heavily while it’s charging?routerlogin

issue got solved
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 3,925
    Hi MichelKesin,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. 

• routerlogin7routerlogin7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 21
    really great post

• cpeextenderlogincpeextenderlogin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello MichelKesin
    Good to know about it. Very helpful information for us.
    Thanku so much.  For more details: tp link extender setup