CB272U smiiprx disconnecting and reconnecting when waking from sleep on DisplayPort

Options
MugenPower
MugenPower Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Monitors
I just purchased the CB272U smiiprx and am having an issue where the monitor will disconnect and reconnect when waking from sleep and connected to DisplayPort.  This is annoying because all my windows and resized and rearranged and this monitor doesn't seem to wake all that fast.  I believe the issue is that the display is going into a "deep sleep" mode, which causes it to power down and fully disconnect.  Is there a way to turn this off?  Or is there another OSD option I can try?  I saw that some other Acer monitors have an option to turn off deep sleep mode but not this one.

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and my graphics card is an old ATI HD5850; both OS and card have the latest updates installed.  I also installed the monitor drivers available on the Acer site and it didn't fix this issue.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Microsoft has promised to fix that behavior with the next upgrade, but they didn't have it included in the 21H1. The only work around is to manually turn the monitor on before waking the computer, or just waiting a bit then rearranging all your windows. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MugenPower

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Microsoft has promised to fix that behavior with the next upgrade, but they didn't have it included in the 21H1. The only work around is to manually turn the monitor on before waking the computer, or just waiting a bit then rearranging all your windows. :(
    Yeah, I've been doing the latter and it's really frustrating.  It's also interesting that this behavior doesn't happen with an HP monitor I've tried with this PC and the same DP cable.
  • billsey
    Options
    Yes, it's dependent on how the monitor handles sleep modes. Some don't really turn themselves off, so they come back enough quicker to be there when the computer first looks for them. Those use more power when asleep, but act nicer when waking. One of my Acer's wakes up quickly (an older 28" 3K) and one doesn't (a gaming curved screen model).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MugenPower

Tinkerer

Options
    It'd be nice if Acer could update the FW on this to disable the deep sleep mode.  I stumbled on some other Acer monitor user manuals that had this feature.
  • billsey
    Options
    Yes, but almost all monitor models have no interface for doing firmware updates short of sending them in to a service center...