Upgrade of graphics card for XC-885

Andy88
Andy88 Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear All,

I would like to upgrade my Acer Aspire XC-885 for the GT 730 to GTX 1050 ti (double fan). Wondering will the card fit and is there enough power for it?

https://shopee.sg/%E3%80%90RC%E3%80%91GTX-1050TI-4GB-DDR5-128bit-Desktop-Computer-PC-HD-Gaming-Video-Graphics-Card-i.313942503.5955907143

Any other recommendations?

Thank you very much for your time and attention!

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Andy88,

I think it will not fit in you unit. Motherboard has one position to fix a fan but what you have choosen has 2 fan. So it may not fit in the CPU.
    A Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti Low Profile in an Acer XC 885 Will it work   uMochDog

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Andy88,

I think it will not fit in you unit. Motherboard has one position to fix a fan but what you have choosen has 2 fan. So it may not fit in the CPU.
    A Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti Low Profile in an Acer XC 885 Will it work   uMochDog
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Your narrow case limits you to the low profile cards, but your can get those cards in the low profile for factor. The one you link will not work due to the height. The other issue is power, you have a 220W power supply, so verify the card will work with that power budget and if not you'll have to also replace the PSU with a larger one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Andy88
    Andy88 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Easwar and billsey, really appreciate it!