How to Fix Discoloration - Nitro XV272U

Options
Sol9
Sol9 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2021 in Monitors
So I just got a Nitro XV272U and the colors are wrong, like most things look florescence and purples look like magenta that are turning pink. I've uploaded a ICC in color management from Acer for this monitor, updated monitor drivers from Acer website, updated & even reinstalled graphic drivers. replaced the HDMI cable that was working perfectly the night before, fiddled with the monitor settings and probably a few other things and nothing's really worked. I've also notice if I record video on the monitor then play it on a different monitor it's alright. I'm not really sure on what to do and I'd love some help please.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    It sounds like it's overdriving the colors a bit, are you in HDR mode?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sol9
    Sol9 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I am not, I did try it and it usually makes things worse. I have been fiddling with some stuff and Windows keeps identifying my monitor as Generic PnP despite me identifying it multiple times/installing monitor specific drivers. I tried turning off DDC and properly identifying/drivers and it did help a bit colors aren't super wrong like brown looking like glowing reddish orange. now it's like everything looking kinda washed out and on a lower brightness setting despite being on 70. Whites are looking like light grey. I've also been trying to get windows to update but it's been refusing to do so coupled with the DDC thing I'm suspecting it's a windows issue but I'm not sure. Also thank you for the help.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, maybe we should diagnose the Windows update issue before trying to get into the display...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • channygot
    channygot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My laptop case is turning dark gray, which originally is light gray. It is made up of aluminum-magnesium case. What to do with this? My laptop is acer swift 3