Acer Nitro AN515-45 audio issue

iskandarluqman
iskandarluqman Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello. So I am having an unpleasent experience with the audio on my new laptop when I first boot it up. Everything else works as expected just for the audio, it was very slow for the first time. The audio jack as well didn't work. I did plug it all the way if you were wondering. So I did a driver update since things didn't work as expected. So now I am in the situation where some part of the audio system in my laptop is not working properly. More details about the audio jack, when I reinstalled the latest driver from Acer, removing the latest one, the audio jack didn't work until I disabled the audio enchantment checkbox in sound setting. Not sure why but it fixed the issue for the audio jack.

For the first issue, in NitroSense app, in the Acer TrueHarmony settings, I cannot change the preset. The default is music, when I try to change to something else, it won't change and stuck at music. Hoping I could find a solution here. Yes I tried Googled for a solution but unfortunately I couldn't find one. I also tried reinstalling the audio driver multiple times. Ones for Acer and ones from Windows Update. I even tried to reinstall NitroSense just incase. For specific, I reinstall these drivers which are the latest from Acer website:
1) Audio Driver (6.0.9071.1)
2) Audio Console Driver (1.20.238.0) 
3) XPERI DTS Utility (sound) (Didn't managed to install so I downloaded from Microsoft Store) (2020.4.45.0)
4) XPERI DTS Utility (DTS Console) (Shows need to connect external speakers/headphone to use DTS audio control) (1.10.1.0)
5) NitroSense (3.01.3020)

My second issue is related to DTS:X Ultra , in that app, it kept telling me to connect external speakers/headphone to use DTS audio control. Apparently this issue is related to the new Windows update 21H1. Might as well include here just in case someone have a solution rather than rollback.

My third one just would be how to increase the sound loudness. If I can fix the above problem, it might fixed this third issue. Just at the moment, the max volume just isn't loud enough. 

Finally here's some picture related to audio. 

I am sorry if I spam, this is my first time asking for help. I am tired trying to figure a solution for this issue. If out of the box the issue was already present, I doubt this is an easy fix. I am sorry as well if my English is bad a bit as English isn't my first language. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

• iskandarluqman
    Answer ✓
    I am proudly to tell you I have managed to solve the problem after days of researching. I made this thread just so I feel cofidence I can fix the issue. I did lost hope but in the end it worked out. Just I am regreting for reinstalling my Windows 10. I lost all the OEM stuff. Somehow the fans/temp are kinda unoptimized which is ashamed because truthfully you don't need to reinstall Windows. If anyone is reading this, here are the steps. It might not work for yours but it definitely did for me. 

1) Open Device Manager
    2) Go to Software components section
    3) If you correctly installed the drivers provided from Acer, you would notice there is 3 drivers related to DTS. The ones we will be changing is
      i) DTS APO4x Service Component
      ii) DTS Audio Effects Component
    4) Open DTS APO4x Service Component, click on Details tab, in Property, select Hardware Ids and copy the value. For me it was "SWC\VEN_DTSI&HID_DTSIAPO4xSERVICE"
    5) Go to Microsoft Update Catalog LINK and paste the copied value to the search box. 
    6) Get the latest version. As on the time I tying this guide, this latest version was 1.6.11.0. There will be 2 drivers with the same driver version. I selected the second one , Windows 10 and later drivers,Windows Server Drivers, just because it said Windows 10 and later drivers. Both got the same size 277kb so I don't think that will be an issue. 
    7) After you downloaded the cab file, extract it to a folder.
    8) Back in Device Manager, reopen 
    DTS APO4x Service Component in the Software components, click on Driver tab and proceed to click Update driver.
    9) Click Browse my computer for drivers option, click the browse option and select the folder that we extracted in step 7. 
    10) Repeat the steps for DTS Audio Effects Component.
    11) You are done, enjoy better quality audio!  =)
    p/s if anyone knows how to get the Windows 10 OEM from Acer, let me know. Thanks.

I can select the preset I want and somehow there are even more option in Acer Nitro Sense, nice!

DTS:X working as expected. 

Answers

• iskandarluqman
    Answer ✓
    I am proudly to tell you I have managed to solve the problem after days of researching. I made this thread just so I feel cofidence I can fix the issue. I did lost hope but in the end it worked out. Just I am regreting for reinstalling my Windows 10. I lost all the OEM stuff. Somehow the fans/temp are kinda unoptimized which is ashamed because truthfully you don't need to reinstall Windows. If anyone is reading this, here are the steps. It might not work for yours but it definitely did for me. 

1) Open Device Manager
    2) Go to Software components section
    3) If you correctly installed the drivers provided from Acer, you would notice there is 3 drivers related to DTS. The ones we will be changing is
      i) DTS APO4x Service Component
      ii) DTS Audio Effects Component
    4) Open DTS APO4x Service Component, click on Details tab, in Property, select Hardware Ids and copy the value. For me it was "SWC\VEN_DTSI&HID_DTSIAPO4xSERVICE"
    5) Go to Microsoft Update Catalog LINK and paste the copied value to the search box. 
    6) Get the latest version. As on the time I tying this guide, this latest version was 1.6.11.0. There will be 2 drivers with the same driver version. I selected the second one , Windows 10 and later drivers,Windows Server Drivers, just because it said Windows 10 and later drivers. Both got the same size 277kb so I don't think that will be an issue. 
    7) After you downloaded the cab file, extract it to a folder.
    8) Back in Device Manager, reopen 
    DTS APO4x Service Component in the Software components, click on Driver tab and proceed to click Update driver.
    9) Click Browse my computer for drivers option, click the browse option and select the folder that we extracted in step 7. 
    10) Repeat the steps for DTS Audio Effects Component.
    11) You are done, enjoy better quality audio!  =)
    p/s if anyone knows how to get the Windows 10 OEM from Acer, let me know. Thanks.

I can select the preset I want and somehow there are even more option in Acer Nitro Sense, nice!

DTS:X working as expected. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi iskandarluqman,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​
  • AntonyOscar
    AntonyOscar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you so much! This issue has been bothering me for ages but I could never find a fix for it until now.
  • Diamante
    Diamante Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi! I've been having this same issue for about 3 months, I just tried this, but the issue still is there.