computer regular freeze and reboot helios 300 PH315-52

Options
sk031119
sk031119 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
I have bought the helios 300 2019 with rtx2060(PH315-52) last year, and since last month, the laptop will start freezing after boot up for around 10 minutes. it will just freeze with the cursor able to move for around 2-3 minutes, then it will just totally freeze with some wired noise (not physically), then it will reboot. After the reboot (either it reboot itself or I reboot it when it starts freezing), the computer will be completely normal even play/use for up to 6 hours. I tried to reinstall the window but it doesn't fix at all, can anyone tell me what's wrong, and is there any way to fix it?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,116 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, press Power button for 12Secs, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 Mins, reconnect AC adaptor and fully charge the battery before start using again, it's important to leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 Mins after pressing the Power button.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi sk031119,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • sk031119

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, press Power button for 12Secs, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 Mins, reconnect AC adaptor and fully charge the battery before start using again, it's important to leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 Mins after pressing the Power button.Hi sk031119,
    Easwar said:
    Hi sk031119,

1. Turn OFF the unit.

I tried both of the methods and neither of them works, the computer still freeze after 5 minute of first boot, and after reboot i can use with no problem. 
    a little more detail, the computer are not completely freeze at first, it will start slowing down with all my chrome page unable to load but i can still use the mouse, then it will start freezing and no respond , which forced me to reboot the computer, if i don't reboot and wait for some minutes, it will have a short BSOD and reboot itself, afterward everything will work again until 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,797 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can try to update BIOS to version 1.12 on the support page.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • sk031119

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains, press Power button for 12Secs, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 Mins, reconnect AC adaptor and fully charge the battery before start using again, it's important to leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 Mins after pressing the Power button.Hi sk031119,

1. Turn OFF the unit.

I tried both of the methods and neither of them works, the computer still freeze after 5 minute of first boot, and after reboot i can use with no problem. 
    a little more detail, the computer does not completely freeze at first, it will start slowing down with all my chrome page unable to load but i can still use the mouse, then it will start freezing and no response, which forced me to reboot the computer, if i don't reboot and wait for some minutes, it will have a short BSOD and reboot itself, afterward everything will work again until the next day(or after some hours) i boot up the computer again.
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi sk031119,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• sk031119

Tinkerer

Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi sk031119,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

doesn't work, first, there is no reset the pc at troubleshoot, so I do the reinstall with the ESD(remove app but keep personal file), but from then on, the computer even crashing after the reboot(but no frequent)
  • Mora2371
    Mora2371 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    is this your problem?
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi Mora2371,

How the display looks in BIOS page.
  • sk031119

Tinkerer

Options
    Mora2371 said:
    is this your problem?
    no , the screen were normal were freezing, just having wired noise(not from machenical part) with a normal but freeze screen
  • Kiroto
    Kiroto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have this same model and a very similar problem.
    The main app I'm using freezes, and it kind of spreads to every other app I try to use. Here's an example of what would happen:

I'm doing my thing on League of Legends and then the program freezes; program does not respond. I click on chrome and everything is fine for a little bit.
    I try using windows explorer (click on an app), windows explorer freezes, and also chrome and everything else.
    On some cases, the computer resumes working and everything is fine. Other times, the computer just abruptly restarts, no bsod.

When this happens I can't Ctrl+Alt+Del or otherwise open the task manager.
    When I have the task manager open, though, it shows that memory is fine, CPU is fine, everything seems to be fine.
    When in this state, moving the mouse accross screens (I have 2) requires the mouse to be above a certain speed; can't slowly move the mouse between screens.

Unplugging stuff and re-plugging does not re-connect the devices until the freeze stops (or pc restarts).
    The computer also doesn't respond to screen lowering or disconnecting the battery when this happens.
    The computer is not specially hot when this happens. And sometimes it happens a lot, and some others, it doesn't happen much.

I tried updating drivers and BIOS. Drivers are updated and BIOS is @ V1.12.

I have a hunch it's something related to the GPU, but I have yet to confirm. As far as I remember, it always happens with things that uses the GPU.

PS.: sometimes I also get a weird explorer glitch in which the letters for files are not shown, but not when the computer does this weird freeze.
    PS.: I didn't want to make a new post since this one is kind of similar to my problem.
  • sk031119

Tinkerer

Options
    Kiroto said:
    The main app I'm using freezes, and it kind of spreads to every other app I try to use. Here's an example of what would happen:

I'm doing my thing on League of Legends and then the program freezes; program does not respond. I click on chrome and everything is fine for a little bit.
    I try using windows explorer (click on an app), windows explorer freezes, and also chrome and everything else.
    On some cases, the computer resumes working and everything is fine. Other times, the computer just abruptly restarts, no bsod.

When I have the task manager open, though, it shows that memory is fine, CPU is fine, everything seems to be fine.
    When in this state, moving the mouse accross screens (I have 2) requires the mouse to be above a certain speed; can't slowly move the mouse between screens.

Unplugging stuff and re-plugging does not re-connect the devices until the freeze stops (or pc restarts).
    The computer also doesn't respond to screen lowering or disconnecting the battery when this happens.
    The computer is not specially hot when this happens. And sometimes it happens a lot, and some others, it doesn't happen much.

I have a hunch it's something related to the GPU, but I have yet to confirm. As far as I remember, it always happens with things that uses the GPU.

PS.: sometimes I also get a weird explorer glitch in which the letters for files are not shown, but not when the computer does this weird freeze.
    PS.: I didn't want to make a new post since this one is kind of similar to my problem.
    i fix the problem one month after my last post, turns out to be a bad connection for my ram and ssd, i took them out and clean them with dust blower and microfiber cloth then put back in, now everything back to normal and run smoothly (idk why it work before maybe it's about the humid weather here in hk)
  • Kiroto
    Kiroto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    sk031119 said:
    Kiroto said:

i fix the problem one month after my last post, turns out to be a bad connection for my ram and ssd, i took them out and clean them with dust blower and microfiber cloth then put back in, now everything back to normal and run smoothly (idk why it work before maybe it's about the humid weather here in hk)
    Thanks! I will try that!!
  • Antonio112
    Antonio112 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello my One make like this and frozen from 10 in 10 min what is the problem?